2001 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Surprised and very happy

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Review

Surprised and very happy
By Matt on

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible. I looked at the Sebring, SAAB, some Toyota (I forgot what) and the Mustang. Of all the cars I checked, the Mustang impressed me the most but was not the same fun car as my '67. One cold snowy winter day I saw an 01 Camaro on the used car lot. I took it for a ride and never bought a car so fast. Buying a used high performance convertible is not the safest buy. I bought the extended warranty realizing I was buying a car that may have been previously purchased for speed. It has been great. Did not need the extended warranty. Love the car. I hate to drive it in the winter because it is so attractive. I never want anything to hurt its appearance. Love it a lot

Love the looks, handling and exceptional reliability. I thought I might suffer on the reliability end but never had any mechanical issues. What a relief to buy a hot used car without mechanical issues. It is great to have a fun car to drive that is not an econobox and is sexy, hot and fun.

It has blind spot issues so I learned to use the mirrors alot. It has a tough turning radius...maybe a sports car thing. A problem in tight parking lots. It is an SS with wide tires The convertible boot is a bad design. The car is so great looking I am afraid it might be stolen.