2001 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews 4

2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
To know love is to own a Z28
By RayB on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although my Z28 is a garage kept weekends and sunny days ride she is the second one I have owned and this is an awesome car. GM does it right; a owner of this car isn't concerned about a pretty interior or lots of useless gadgets. The money is spent on performance and handling. If you want comfort, practical and luxry this car isn't for you - if you want high performance, this car is for you.

Good fun car
By DaveZ28 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's fast, it's fun. The bad part is that the interior looks and feels cheap, it doesnt handle that good (yeah I had higher expectations) and it's had it's problems. Don't buy this if you're worried about fuel economy. I don't drive it hard and it gets worse mileage than what GM stated it would get.

SS's are great
By hal_396 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 2 years ago. Only drive it 6000 miles per year. The fun factor is off the scale. Just as fun as a vette but at a fraction of the cost.

why the Mustang won
By slickmick on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

1.) use a quart of oil in 1200 miles 2.) "SES" lights weekly 3.) holes in the carpet after 1 year 4.) stereo sounds like it was in the river 5.) count the blind spots!!! 6.) don't forget "skip shift"!! The consumer has voted the Camaro out. Duh huh GM! Or are we the real ididots for buying this junk?

Camaro, Camaro, Camaro... I love it...
By KingSnake on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Well, I wanted a car that could out perform all my little import friends and hang with the big boys, the camaro gave me that. Even though I have a 3.8L V6 I can out perform honda civics and Celicas. I have heard numerous people say don't get this car because it is not all that, its heavy and slow, and insurance is sky high. Well, the car is heavy and it can be slow (only because you aren't pressing the gas hard enough to accelerate like a rocket), and buying this car will force you to shop around for auto insurance. Oh yah, the automatic transmission does sap some punch but there is enough torque that it doesn't effect the performance that much.

z28camaro
By sara v on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

this car is a dream it rides like a dream it runs like a dream its just wonderful

one of the best every made
By luvnit on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is the SS package convertible. I have hit 120+ on freeway on-ramps. Handling and cornering will put other cars in the gravel berm if they dare to follow. Reliability is excellent. Stops on a dime. Nothing beats the feeling of a 100mph wind blowing past with the top down. Excellent driving car for long trips at more regular speeds. Even gets good gas mileage on long trips. Mine is the six speed and is too intimidating for the average driver to test drive. It is worth the patience of learning!

Anti-econobox car
By Drew D on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Camaro, the first being a '95 Z28. I far prefer the V-6 in the '01 as it doesn't have the artificially inflated boy toy racer rumble and with 200 hp has more power than the '90 V-8. The Z28 was also hard to handle when power was applied in anything other than a straight line. The car gets 32 mpg at 80 mph - no kidding! So today's kids get 4 door econoboxes instead of a 5 star safety rated, 30+ mpg economical and fun Camaro. Go figure. As others say, GM got it right, but they just didn't market it for its best attributes.

Fun and Reliable Ride!
By Simracer77 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Owned for 2 years and the Camaro is a one-owner vehicle. It has not been in the shop since day 1. So far, only preventive maintenance has been performed on this car. I would recommend highly for a dependable and fun to drive car.

Nice sports car...dispicable interior
By BarbiePrincessM on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

While my '01 camaro is quick and gets me attention, the interior is dispicable...at best. Everything from the seats to the cupholders are poorly designed and made of cheap, breakable plastic. My '99 chrysler sebring convertible interior was far superior to my camaro's inside. I am considering downtrading to a 2000 sebring convertible because of the less-than-acceptable interior design