2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Got SSpeed?
By Godspeed on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Quality vehicle that is very fun to drive. I have test driven the likes of Mustangs but it does not draw as much attention as an SS. Heritage + 300 plus Horses = The Untimate Driving Machine

Exciting Rear Wheel Drive Sports Car
By Rear Wheel Drive on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since the new purchase of this z28 camaro, it has been a joy to own and drive. The V8 engine packs alot of power, great for excelleration and going up mountain drives. The interior is well laid out with great views, comfortable cloth seats and a super stereo system. Add on t-tops and you have a fun almost convertible experience. The camaro is a fun, well laid out car with automatic headlights and daytime running lights too for safety. Great car for the value.

gm needs to get its act together
By gm hater on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

wow, if you like going straight, get this car, but if you like going through the twisties, get something a little cheaper like an acura rsx which I traded my camaro in for and it's 10X more fun to drive.

2001 Camaro SS
By SStunr1 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I Had an Impala SS big and heavy but fast, never did I think I would trade it in for a sports car or at all. Until I started thinking this would be the last year for camaros and affordable chevy High Performance cars Since they don't make the Impala SS anymore. So I decided to test drive some camaro's. I fell in love with a Black on Black SS 6 speed T- tops. Man I Loved my Impala SS but This Camaro SS really hit the spot.SS Owners Keep on Smoking them tires.

Poor Man's Race Car
By Nemesis on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This beast is the best. I've had other sports cars and this one gives the greatest bang for the buck. And best of all it's easy to hood up, the plastic interior makes it a breeze to hide and install wires. And engine mods are simple. I have maybe $600 in mods and I've beat everything from C5's to 2000 Cobras. Lost to the Viper though . . . soon enough.

the best camaro
By big d on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

i drive a 2001 camaro z28. i was looking for the 1998 body style, with the round lights, the yellow blinker and the new more powerful engine. since sept. 11 the intrest went down to 0.0% i figured id go with a new car. i have no regrets from buying this car, its fun, its fast, its comfortable, and everytime i drive down town i check my self out in the windows. when every i see another camaro driver we exchange looks and smile.

Something to be proud of
By King_Chevy on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The new camaros not only perform better than the ford mustangs they also are of a better design and are a better value overall. The extremely high saloum scores make for a fun ride. Its gets very decent mileage. The only thing ford does better is make their car slightly more desirable looking but the camaro rains supreme in design and power easily making up for the gap.

My Camaro v. Dad's Cobra
By mkw3000 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

my dad has a Mustang Cobra of the same year and it's horrible...2 recalls and the door handle fell off. seats are also very uncomfortable. Mine works great and could beat his anyday :)

Z28 Camaro
By Jason Billingsley on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Camaro and Firebird are the last off the affordable muscle cars! Who cares about the Mustang! They were only good from 64 1/2 - 70. Chevy never put a four-banger in the f-bodies! Mustangs cant hang with the f-bodies! They just dont have the power from the factory!

Get a Super Sport Camaro...KICK A$$
By oldman on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Brute force muscle as it was meant to be. This car has NO panache and never should as a true muscle car was meant to be. G.M. has sold me my last new vehicle.....My loyalty to G.M. dies in 2002 along with the Camaro. I have owned 8 of these cars and loved every one of them. Now G.M. seems more interested in selling trucks and SUV's to the lemmings of the world.