Used 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

No better sports car made !
By BigBadZ

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Pure power . I put les then 200 bucks into it and I was running 12 second quarter times on stret tires . I have put 100k on the car now , I drive it constantly . Very reliable ! Plus I had it dynoed stock , and it dynoed 304 to the wheels . That means that this car has over 340 HP stock . Not the 305 advertised . I had a 99 Mustang GT before buying this . This car destroys it in power , and performance . Getting better gas milage too .

The LS1's power Outstanding gas milage .

Cant thin of anything I would change . Wait , the insurance is kind of high .

Z28 Awesome Fun to Drive!
By Jay O

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome power and handling. Acceleration puts you back in the seats and it hugs curves and hills. T- tops are next best thing to motorcycle freedom. Very fun to drive! Only con for me is after two years, sitting so low is getting old (of course so am I). I get nearly 20 MPG city and nearly 30 on the highway with V-8 6- speed (premium fuel only, especially in city). In 2 years and 41K miles, my only maintenance other than oil has been a minor brake adjustment.

Acceleration, handling, T-tops, Monsoon Stereo.

Bring it back some day!

Nothing Compares
By SSpongeBob

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Simply the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I love this car. I had a '99 Z-28 automatic but when I heard that they were killing the Camaro, I traded it in and got a '01 SS Sunset Orange Metallic w/ 6 speed manual. What a blast! I will keep this car until the day I die.

Acceleration, T-tops, handling, styling

Bring it back!

To know love is to own a Z28
By RayB

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although my Z28 is a garage kept weekends and sunny days ride she is the second one I have owned and this is an awesome car. GM does it right; a owner of this car isn't concerned about a pretty interior or lots of useless gadgets. The money is spent on performance and handling. If you want comfort, practical and luxry this car isn't for you - if you want high performance, this car is for you.

Performance, accelration, top end speed and handling.

The only flaw that is common in the past 10 model years is the power window motor.

Good fun car
By DaveZ28

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's fast, it's fun. The bad part is that the interior looks and feels cheap, it doesnt handle that good (yeah I had higher expectations) and it's had it's problems. Don't buy this if you're worried about fuel economy. I don't drive it hard and it gets worse mileage than what GM stated it would get.

LS1 engine makes a lot of power

Interior, reliability (transmission failed at 11,000 miles (warranty covered it), engine burns oil.

• SUV