Used 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

my baby
By ynot

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my camaro new,almost it had 5000 miles on it, and I love it. I get a lot of compliments and yes the hump on passenger side is inconvenient for a passenger but I too would buy another camero convertible

Favorite Features

over all great

Suggested Improvements

remove hump

Fun to drive, reliable enough
By sac98281

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. Affordable, good looks. Some of the best suspension for a factory vehicle. Engine and transmission are great. Handles great. NOTE: front wheels are toe'd out (easily adjusted) which makes for great cornering but on the highway the tires will grab any surface imperfections and go that direction. Makes the driver pay attention. Convertible top works flawlessly and the material that it is made out of is excellent. Material is like a heavy canvas with good texture and looks. Common to this model: window motors burning out because of low voltage. I installed an aftermarket window motor wiring kit.

Favorite Features

Big windows, long dash board, exterior: sleek looking front end.

Suggested Improvements

I had to replace the fuel pump at 100k miles which is expensive because it is located inside the fuel tank. The fuel pump should be mounted exterior to the fuel tank. When the pump goes bad, the tank has to be dropped to gain access. This adds to the labor charges.

Super fun gas saver
By ponycar63

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Camaro with 100K on it. It runs and looks new. It was owned by a preacher's daughter (really) and she babied it. I wanted a car that was better on gas than my 4x4 F150. This Camaro has been turning in mpg between 28 and 31 in mixed town and interstate driving. I had in mind of buying some boring 'old guy' car like a Buick Century. This lil Camaro is so much more better looking, more fun and better mpg to boot. I love this car.

Favorite Features

Favorite features? The 5 speed trans. A 6 cyl Camaro would be boring with an automatic, but the manual gearbox is just fun! Mine is a stripper; manual windows, no rear defrost, etc. It does, however, have A/C and an ass kicking stereo.

Suggested Improvements

The headlights are kinda cheezy looking.

Nice sports car...dispicable interior
By BarbiePrincessM

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

While my '01 camaro is quick and gets me attention, the interior is dispicable...at best. Everything from the seats to the cupholders are poorly designed and made of cheap, breakable plastic. My '99 chrysler sebring convertible interior was far superior to my camaro's inside. I am considering downtrading to a 2000 sebring convertible because of the less-than-acceptable interior design

Favorite Features

Quick for a 6 cyl., forceful torque, exceptional braking, impressive monsoon sound system

Suggested Improvements

WHAT WAS CHEVY THINKING WHEN THEY DESIGNED THE INTERIOR OF THIS CAR!! FORD FOCUS'S INTERIORS ARE HIGHER QUALITY!!THE BOOT FOR THE CONVERTIBLE TOP IS DISGRACFUL...I DONT EVEN USE IT. FOR $26,000 THEY COULD AT LEAST GIVE YOU A LEATHER CONVERTIBLE TOP BOOT!!

Surprised and very happy
By Matt

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible. I looked at the Sebring, SAAB, some Toyota (I forgot what) and the Mustang. Of all the cars I checked, the Mustang impressed me the most but was not the same fun car as my '67. One cold snowy winter day I saw an 01 Camaro on the used car lot. I took it for a ride and never bought a car so fast. Buying a used high performance convertible is not the safest buy. I bought the extended warranty realizing I was buying a car that may have been previously purchased for speed. It has been great. Did not need the extended warranty. Love the car. I hate to drive it in the winter because it is so attractive. I never want anything to hurt its appearance. Love it a lot

Favorite Features

Love the looks, handling and exceptional reliability. I thought I might suffer on the reliability end but never had any mechanical issues. What a relief to buy a hot used car without mechanical issues. It is great to have a fun car to drive that is not an econobox and is sexy, hot and fun.

Suggested Improvements

It has blind spot issues so I learned to use the mirrors alot. It has a tough turning radius...maybe a sports car thing. A problem in tight parking lots. It is an SS with wide tires The convertible boot is a bad design. The car is so great looking I am afraid it might be stolen.