2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Z28 Awesome Fun to Drive!
By Jay O on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome power and handling. Acceleration puts you back in the seats and it hugs curves and hills. T- tops are next best thing to motorcycle freedom. Very fun to drive! Only con for me is after two years, sitting so low is getting old (of course so am I). I get nearly 20 MPG city and nearly 30 on the highway with V-8 6- speed (premium fuel only, especially in city). In 2 years and 41K miles, my only maintenance other than oil has been a minor brake adjustment.

Nothing Compares
By SSpongeBob on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Simply the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I love this car. I had a '99 Z-28 automatic but when I heard that they were killing the Camaro, I traded it in and got a '01 SS Sunset Orange Metallic w/ 6 speed manual. What a blast! I will keep this car until the day I die.

To know love is to own a Z28
By RayB on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although my Z28 is a garage kept weekends and sunny days ride she is the second one I have owned and this is an awesome car. GM does it right; a owner of this car isn't concerned about a pretty interior or lots of useless gadgets. The money is spent on performance and handling. If you want comfort, practical and luxry this car isn't for you - if you want high performance, this car is for you.

Good fun car
By DaveZ28 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's fast, it's fun. The bad part is that the interior looks and feels cheap, it doesnt handle that good (yeah I had higher expectations) and it's had it's problems. Don't buy this if you're worried about fuel economy. I don't drive it hard and it gets worse mileage than what GM stated it would get.

SS's are great
By hal_396 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 2 years ago. Only drive it 6000 miles per year. The fun factor is off the scale. Just as fun as a vette but at a fraction of the cost.

why the Mustang won
By slickmick on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

1.) use a quart of oil in 1200 miles 2.) "SES" lights weekly 3.) holes in the carpet after 1 year 4.) stereo sounds like it was in the river 5.) count the blind spots!!! 6.) don't forget "skip shift"!! The consumer has voted the Camaro out. Duh huh GM! Or are we the real ididots for buying this junk?

z28camaro
By sara v on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

this car is a dream it rides like a dream it runs like a dream its just wonderful

I'd waited 30 years...
By klick on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

...And it was worth it. Changing from a family car to the Z-28 has been one of the great experiences of a lifetime. The handling, power and braking are truely magnificent and, contrary to many warnings, there have been no mechanical problems. The car is simply a joy to drive. GM finally got it right...so they quit making it.

Sweet SS
By SSteve on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Fbody. I love the SS looks and all my cars have been very reliable. I have 30000 on this car and have not even had a warrenty issue. The power is grat and it mods easy

Camaro SS- Come join the Best!
By SS Camaro Guy on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The car has exceptional acceleration, handling, and styling. The magazines tend to give these cars a bad rep about reliability. This is the second 4th generation Camaro I have owned, and they are BULLETPROOF! Mine have handled lots hard miles, and never once have let me down. These cars provide the BEST bang for your buck!