Used 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun car to have/drive
By Rebelord

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's a fun car to drive. The power is exceptional and it seems to never end. The handling is also very superb, as well is the braking. Like they say, its a cheap man's Corvette. I have had good gas-mileage with the car, mostly on the highway. In the city it can eat up some gas. The seats are so-so for long trips. Needs more lumbar support and better, softer bottom cushions. The exterior styling takes some getting used to as well as the interior could have gotten a bit more attetion. However, your mind is completely taken away from those slight flaws once you roll into acceleration. Its amazing that GM outpowers and out handles its competitors with "aged" technology.

Power, handling, braking

Update interior, less rattles/creaks, better supporting seats

Finally got it.
By liquify

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

To be completely honest, I've allways been an F-body fan. I dreamt of having this car in high school and I got it. Now that's out of the way, this truly is a great car. With $123 invested in a simple lid, the car runs 12.9 1/4 on street tires and puts down 310 hp to the rear wheels with an automatic. Just impressive. I have had the car up to very extra legal speeds and it's rock solid. On the corners, it could use a better wieght ditribution, but it'll still outhandle 90% of the cars out there. There is a leak on the drivers side window. I average 19 city and 28 highway. With this much power on tap, that's awesome. For my money, this car is everything I was expecting.

Power, top end, looks fast standing still, decent handling, and great mileage for what it is. I really enjoy taking the t-tops out and taking it on a country drive, with the LS-1 being my music. It's a great way to unwind and puts lots of smiles on my, and others, faces

The only real complaint that I have is that the weight distribution is terrible. I eat up front tires (strange, huh?)and at $200 a tire, it's expensive. I have had an issue with a catlytic converter going out, but it's something that's under warranty, by law, for 10 yrs, 100,000 miles.

Z28
By Deams

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a sports car designed to go fast. With this you lose some fuel economy (although 18-20 mpg is not bad for a V8) and some interior luxury but the trade off is worth it. It hugs the road very nicely. It is very fast and it sounds good with an aftermarket exhaust system (I recommend Borla but to each his/her own) since Chevy did a poor job on these stock systems.

6-Speed Transmission is fantastic with the 5.7L V8 Engine...VERY FAST!!!

Chevy does a poor job at stock exhaust. I've added a cat-back Borla exhaust that just roars...now it's LOUD and FAST!!!

Camaro SS Kicks Ass
By Bitchin'SS

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The 2001 Camaro SS is the most straight forward, reliable, stylish and fun car I have ever owned. I bought it because of the LS1 V-8 powerplant never thinking that it would become a classic AMERICAN car. The only problem I encountered thus far (45K)was a small broken spring for seat retraction. Kudos Chevy. My Kerry/Edwards sticker does it proud and loud! Now on to the 2005 Corvette?

6 speed/330 HP/T-tops

Because I autocross, I upgraded the brake rotors for heavy use and lowered the suspension.

No better sports car made !
By BigBadZ

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Pure power . I put les then 200 bucks into it and I was running 12 second quarter times on stret tires . I have put 100k on the car now , I drive it constantly . Very reliable ! Plus I had it dynoed stock , and it dynoed 304 to the wheels . That means that this car has over 340 HP stock . Not the 305 advertised . I had a 99 Mustang GT before buying this . This car destroys it in power , and performance . Getting better gas milage too .

The LS1's power Outstanding gas milage .

Cant thin of anything I would change . Wait , the insurance is kind of high .