2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
A great car for the money
By wwater on 10/21/05 20:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The 3.8 v6 is an awesome motor. The monsoon stereo is must for me. This car surprisingly gets good gas mileage! I would buy another '01 Camaro tomorrow. I've also owned a 96 and a 68, but i really like this model the best. An excellent car for the money.

Gas Milage On Actual Usage
By SPCCTX on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Yes, I've noticed that in town stop and go driving kills the mpg, but once on the highway it's much better. I have the V-6. The only thing I've noticed is that tiny rust marks like tiny pin hole drops are all over the paint. I'm not sure what happened there since I bought the car used back in Nov. '03.

Don't buy Chevy's
By William Jeffers on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a T-top camaro from Carmax in may of 03 and the car leaks from the t-top when it rains and when i wash it. It still had the majority of the manufactures warranty on it so I tried to have chevy fix it and they told me that t-tops will leak and that it can't be fixed. It's a characteristic of the vehicle. Beware!!!

Camaro, Camaro, Camaro... I love it...
By KingSnake on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Well, I wanted a car that could out perform all my little import friends and hang with the big boys, the camaro gave me that. Even though I have a 3.8L V6 I can out perform honda civics and Celicas. I have heard numerous people say don't get this car because it is not all that, its heavy and slow, and insurance is sky high. Well, the car is heavy and it can be slow (only because you aren't pressing the gas hard enough to accelerate like a rocket), and buying this car will force you to shop around for auto insurance. Oh yah, the automatic transmission does sap some punch but there is enough torque that it doesn't effect the performance that much.

Fun and Reliable Ride!
By Simracer77 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Owned for 2 years and the Camaro is a one-owner vehicle. It has not been in the shop since day 1. So far, only preventive maintenance has been performed on this car. I would recommend highly for a dependable and fun to drive car.

Anti-econobox car
By Drew D on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Camaro, the first being a '95 Z28. I far prefer the V-6 in the '01 as it doesn't have the artificially inflated boy toy racer rumble and with 200 hp has more power than the '90 V-8. The Z28 was also hard to handle when power was applied in anything other than a straight line. The car gets 32 mpg at 80 mph - no kidding! So today's kids get 4 door econoboxes instead of a 5 star safety rated, 30+ mpg economical and fun Camaro. Go figure. As others say, GM got it right, but they just didn't market it for its best attributes.

I love this car!!!!
By TattoodFool on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have never had so much fun driving a vehicle! And it's very affordable.

Super Sport
By Quicksilver on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Within the 4 months that I owned the vehicle, I fell in love with it. This was my dream car, and it proved to be worthy of that title. It worked for me because absolutely no modifications were needed! It scared away almost everything...stock!

Buy a Mustang
By Stangowner on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It was a great car at first. But then the brakes started to squeal. I was find with that until I was driving down the high way and the engine died. I couldn't get it started again, so i just got rid of it and got my self a Mustang GT. I suggest you do the same.