2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Nice while it lasted
By cre92468 on 08/25/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Was fun to take the t-tops off and drive around, and got pretty good fuel mileage. Had to keep replacing the passenger side turn bulb because the bulbs kept melting. Had to hand wash it because if I went through the automatic car wash, water would always come in.

Love it!
By kelly08 on 06/14/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. Even though it is a V6 they have a lot of power! It's fun to drive and always turns heads. It's never had any problems and gets an average 24mpg. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Traded in at 118,400mi, bought at 12mi
By Amanda on 06/04/08 04:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Car was great in the beginning, grad present from parents. Drove fine, had problems from 3k miles on, replaced almost everything in the car at least 2x from the CD player that got too hot to play CDs to the entire rear axle that 2 bearings went bad in and wore the axle shafts out. Coil pack replaced 2x, ignition replaced, fuel pump replaced, clutch master cylinder replaced. Lots more done to the car, but all in all it was a decent ride.

My Camaro
By Richs Camaro on 01/01/08 13:18 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car since Aug. of 06. I have no other words for this car except I love it! It is very fun an for a V-6 it has very impressive power. This car not only looks great but is a pleasure to drive.

Surprised and very happy
By Matt on 12/29/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible. I looked at the Sebring, SAAB, some Toyota (I forgot what) and the Mustang. Of all the cars I checked, the Mustang impressed me the most but was not the same fun car as my '67. One cold snowy winter day I saw an 01 Camaro on the used car lot. I took it for a ride and never bought a car so fast. Buying a used high performance convertible is not the safest buy. I bought the extended warranty realizing I was buying a car that may have been previously purchased for speed. It has been great. Did not need the extended warranty. Love the car. I hate to drive it in the winter because it is so attractive. I never want anything to hurt its appearance. Love it a lot

Sweet Ride
By mike70230 on 05/19/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my '01 RS Camaro, and I must say, it is the nicest car I've ever driven. It rides so nice, and the car handles like no other. It pulls a lot of power, too, out of the 3.8 V6. Chevy hit the nail on the head with the '98-02 Camaro. I don't think they could make anything better. T-tops are an excellent alternative to a convertible, and the Monsoon sound system installed from the factory makes your music sound as good as your car looks. I recommend this car to anyone interested in a used sports car.

2001 Camaro V6
By RPD on 07/05/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. what a great deal you get a powerful v6 great styling and cargo room and pretty decent gas mileage!

Outstanding Camaro SS
By Hal_396 on 04/12/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car now for 5 years. I use it as a highway vechicle only, so it rarely gets used. It has held up well and is a blast to drive. Wish they still made the Camaro. Glad I bought one of the last ones made.

My baby!
By CarmaroSS on 03/12/06 09:23 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new, and only ride on weekends in dry weather. One of my pastimes is to get out in the country on early Sunday mornings when there is no traffic and let 'er go! Wouldn't trade it for too many cars. Made a few improvements - exhaust, skip-shift eliminator ,short-stick with reduced travel gate, and larger petals for heel & toe, grill. I'm considering 1owering springs, but don't want to stiffen the ride (Michigan roads - suggestions?). I also may get 18" wheels and tires.

Fun car to have/drive
By Rebelord on 02/19/06 23:29 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It's a fun car to drive. The power is exceptional and it seems to never end. The handling is also very superb, as well is the braking. Like they say, its a cheap man's Corvette. I have had good gas-mileage with the car, mostly on the highway. In the city it can eat up some gas. The seats are so-so for long trips. Needs more lumbar support and better, softer bottom cushions. The exterior styling takes some getting used to as well as the interior could have gotten a bit more attetion. However, your mind is completely taken away from those slight flaws once you roll into acceleration. Its amazing that GM outpowers and out handles its competitors with "aged" technology.