2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Very solid all around muscle car
By Rob C on 05/11/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Camaro SS back in 2004; it was 3 years old, and had 18k miles. The original owner purchased it and hardly drove it, as he had several cars. The car has t-tops, LS1, and a 6 spd manual trans. The car has more power than most need in stock form; in modified form, it can make a lot more. The LSI engine is bulletproof (if you maintain it) and fairly ecomomical for a large V-8. I have made several 600-700 mile road trips on the highway, and averaged 25-27 mpg! The 6 spd has a double overdrive, so at a steady 70-75 mph, in 6th gear, it is only turning @1500 rpm on the tach (it idles at 850 rpm)! The car is well built, and has no rattles or leaks (it has 48K miles).

My "01SLP SS
By '01 SS/'68 400 on 10/01/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I got the car a few months ago from a guy that had barely decided to sell it. I jumped on it and got the car for $6k. It is T-Top, 6 speed standard, LS1 engine, and all stock, (which I highly recommend people get, A stock car). Once I got the car, the clutch went out. I just decided to park the car and mod it. I barely got done working car and its great! I love it to death! I put 3" flowmaster super 44 american thunders, 3" slashed tips,a SLP cold air set up, Edelbrock headers,(which dropped the 0-60 time by 1 FULL SECOND!),pistol grip Hurst shifter and short throw, Eiback springs,Moroso shocks and oil pan,Vette injectors, and 18" Z06 black vette rims. I blacked the car out!

16 and Ready to Run
By Branden P on 07/27/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car its a basic V6 hatchback and so far its been better than anything out there I could afford. It handles windy roads like its on rails and puts the power down when you want it. The monsoon sound system blows my friends systems away. This one is going to be around for a long time.

Camaro SS
By Camaro SS on 06/17/09 01:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I sold my mustang and brought a 2001 Camaro SS 6spd in 2003, and its one of the best buys that I've made. It's very fast, and looks and sounds fantastic. Bang for the buck, its the best thing going!

Daaaang!!!!!
By Disco on 05/14/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this Camaro 90,000 miles on it, looked for 6 months for one that was not molested. Bought it and man will these things get it with the V6. Super great gas mileage and a head turner. Much more car than I ever expected for the money. For all those out there better get one soon especially if you can find one under 6 grand for the nice ones. Round out that Camaro collection before the 2010's come out. I got mine! How about you?

Been a Good Car
By Red Head on 03/29/09 06:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2001 and with the exception of a broken mirror control, and defective battery terminal has never had a problem. Has a lot of high end features.

Great fun car
By Robby D on 01/20/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June of 2006. Has the base 3.8 features including no power windows or locks but has the ttops and the awesome monsoon stereo. Such a fun car to drive tho and always get compliments on it. Rear wheel drive is a ton of fun too but its a bit difficult to drive in the snow. Love the styling of this gen Camaro. Fuel economy isn't great but not terrible. Very reliable for me as I have yet to have something major breakdown. This car loves to hug the road at high speeds and on big curves. Driving with the windows down and ttops off, it's just an amazing car to cruise in. With the rear seats folded down you can fit quite a fair amount of cargo in the car if needed. Awesome car!

Nice while it lasted
By cre92468 on 08/25/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Was fun to take the t-tops off and drive around, and got pretty good fuel mileage. Had to keep replacing the passenger side turn bulb because the bulbs kept melting. Had to hand wash it because if I went through the automatic car wash, water would always come in.

Love it!
By kelly08 on 06/14/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. Even though it is a V6 they have a lot of power! It's fun to drive and always turns heads. It's never had any problems and gets an average 24mpg. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Traded in at 118,400mi, bought at 12mi
By Amanda on 06/04/08 04:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Car was great in the beginning, grad present from parents. Drove fine, had problems from 3k miles on, replaced almost everything in the car at least 2x from the CD player that got too hot to play CDs to the entire rear axle that 2 bearings went bad in and wore the axle shafts out. Coil pack replaced 2x, ignition replaced, fuel pump replaced, clutch master cylinder replaced. Lots more done to the car, but all in all it was a decent ride.

1 2 3 4 5 next »