Used 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun to drive, reliable enough
By sac98281

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. Affordable, good looks. Some of the best suspension for a factory vehicle. Engine and transmission are great. Handles great. NOTE: front wheels are toe'd out (easily adjusted) which makes for great cornering but on the highway the tires will grab any surface imperfections and go that direction. Makes the driver pay attention. Convertible top works flawlessly and the material that it is made out of is excellent. Material is like a heavy canvas with good texture and looks. Common to this model: window motors burning out because of low voltage. I installed an aftermarket window motor wiring kit.

Big windows, long dash board, exterior: sleek looking front end.

I had to replace the fuel pump at 100k miles which is expensive because it is located inside the fuel tank. The fuel pump should be mounted exterior to the fuel tank. When the pump goes bad, the tank has to be dropped to gain access. This adds to the labor charges.

Super fun gas saver
By ponycar63

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Camaro with 100K on it. It runs and looks new. It was owned by a preacher's daughter (really) and she babied it. I wanted a car that was better on gas than my 4x4 F150. This Camaro has been turning in mpg between 28 and 31 in mixed town and interstate driving. I had in mind of buying some boring 'old guy' car like a Buick Century. This lil Camaro is so much more better looking, more fun and better mpg to boot. I love this car.

Favorite features? The 5 speed trans. A 6 cyl Camaro would be boring with an automatic, but the manual gearbox is just fun! Mine is a stripper; manual windows, no rear defrost, etc. It does, however, have A/C and an ass kicking stereo.

The headlights are kinda cheezy looking.

my baby
By ynot

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my camaro new,almost it had 5000 miles on it, and I love it. I get a lot of compliments and yes the hump on passenger side is inconvenient for a passenger but I too would buy another camero convertible

over all great

remove hump

Nice sports car...dispicable interior
By BarbiePrincessM

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

While my '01 camaro is quick and gets me attention, the interior is dispicable...at best. Everything from the seats to the cupholders are poorly designed and made of cheap, breakable plastic. My '99 chrysler sebring convertible interior was far superior to my camaro's inside. I am considering downtrading to a 2000 sebring convertible because of the less-than-acceptable interior design

Quick for a 6 cyl., forceful torque, exceptional braking, impressive monsoon sound system

WHAT WAS CHEVY THINKING WHEN THEY DESIGNED THE INTERIOR OF THIS CAR!! FORD FOCUS'S INTERIORS ARE HIGHER QUALITY!!THE BOOT FOR THE CONVERTIBLE TOP IS DISGRACFUL...I DONT EVEN USE IT. FOR $26,000 THEY COULD AT LEAST GIVE YOU A LEATHER CONVERTIBLE TOP BOOT!!

Great Used car choice
By frankwt

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car, had leather interior put in as soon as we bought it, made the seast more comfortable. Fast enought to get a ticket real easy...LOL Great comments from others that love the "look" of the car.

Performance, fast and rear wheel drive

The added leather seats were a definite improvement for &1200.00