2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun to drive, reliable enough
By sac98281 on 08/23/13 13:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. Affordable, good looks. Some of the best suspension for a factory vehicle. Engine and transmission are great. Handles great. NOTE: front wheels are toe'd out (easily adjusted) which makes for great cornering but on the highway the tires will grab any surface imperfections and go that direction. Makes the driver pay attention. Convertible top works flawlessly and the material that it is made out of is excellent. Material is like a heavy canvas with good texture and looks. Common to this model: window motors burning out because of low voltage. I installed an aftermarket window motor wiring kit.

Super fun gas saver
By ponycar63 on 02/23/12 08:49 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Camaro with 100K on it. It runs and looks new. It was owned by a preacher's daughter (really) and she babied it. I wanted a car that was better on gas than my 4x4 F150. This Camaro has been turning in mpg between 28 and 31 in mixed town and interstate driving. I had in mind of buying some boring 'old guy' car like a Buick Century. This lil Camaro is so much more better looking, more fun and better mpg to boot. I love this car.

my baby
By ynot on 05/18/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my camaro new,almost it had 5000 miles on it, and I love it. I get a lot of compliments and yes the hump on passenger side is inconvenient for a passenger but I too would buy another camero convertible

Surprised and very happy
By Matt on 12/29/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible. I looked at the Sebring, SAAB, some Toyota (I forgot what) and the Mustang. Of all the cars I checked, the Mustang impressed me the most but was not the same fun car as my '67. One cold snowy winter day I saw an 01 Camaro on the used car lot. I took it for a ride and never bought a car so fast. Buying a used high performance convertible is not the safest buy. I bought the extended warranty realizing I was buying a car that may have been previously purchased for speed. It has been great. Did not need the extended warranty. Love the car. I hate to drive it in the winter because it is so attractive. I never want anything to hurt its appearance. Love it a lot

One really fun SS
By PewterSS on 11/05/04 12:48 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one great affordable sportscar. Mine is the SS with the Tremec 6-speed, I wouldn't trade the 6-speed for a automatic, no way! The engine and the stick works really nice together. This is a such a fun and fast car to drive. Hitting 80 mph is so easy you really have to watch out.

one of the best every made
By luvnit on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is the SS package convertible. I have hit 120+ on freeway on-ramps. Handling and cornering will put other cars in the gravel berm if they dare to follow. Reliability is excellent. Stops on a dime. Nothing beats the feeling of a 100mph wind blowing past with the top down. Excellent driving car for long trips at more regular speeds. Even gets good gas mileage on long trips. Mine is the six speed and is too intimidating for the average driver to test drive. It is worth the patience of learning!

Nice sports car...dispicable interior
By BarbiePrincessM on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

While my '01 camaro is quick and gets me attention, the interior is dispicable...at best. Everything from the seats to the cupholders are poorly designed and made of cheap, breakable plastic. My '99 chrysler sebring convertible interior was far superior to my camaro's inside. I am considering downtrading to a 2000 sebring convertible because of the less-than-acceptable interior design

Great Used car choice
By frankwt on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car, had leather interior put in as soon as we bought it, made the seast more comfortable. Fast enought to get a ticket real easy...LOL Great comments from others that love the "look" of the car.

My camaro
By Camarokid on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. No problems at all. The fun factor is great, and you can't beat Rear Wheel Drive cars.

Kicks butt
By John J on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just goes to prove GM will out perform any other V8 without a supercharger. For all those who think there are faster mustangs, you're right, but they have superchargers. Put a supercharger on a camaro, then try to keep up.