2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Surprised and very happy
By Matt on 12/29/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a convertible. I looked at the Sebring, SAAB, some Toyota (I forgot what) and the Mustang. Of all the cars I checked, the Mustang impressed me the most but was not the same fun car as my '67. One cold snowy winter day I saw an 01 Camaro on the used car lot. I took it for a ride and never bought a car so fast. Buying a used high performance convertible is not the safest buy. I bought the extended warranty realizing I was buying a car that may have been previously purchased for speed. It has been great. Did not need the extended warranty. Love the car. I hate to drive it in the winter because it is so attractive. I never want anything to hurt its appearance. Love it a lot

One really fun SS
By PewterSS on 11/05/04 12:48 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one great affordable sportscar. Mine is the SS with the Tremec 6-speed, I wouldn't trade the 6-speed for a automatic, no way! The engine and the stick works really nice together. This is a such a fun and fast car to drive. Hitting 80 mph is so easy you really have to watch out.

one of the best every made
By luvnit on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Mine is the SS package convertible. I have hit 120+ on freeway on-ramps. Handling and cornering will put other cars in the gravel berm if they dare to follow. Reliability is excellent. Stops on a dime. Nothing beats the feeling of a 100mph wind blowing past with the top down. Excellent driving car for long trips at more regular speeds. Even gets good gas mileage on long trips. Mine is the six speed and is too intimidating for the average driver to test drive. It is worth the patience of learning!

Kicks butt
By John J on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just goes to prove GM will out perform any other V8 without a supercharger. For all those who think there are faster mustangs, you're right, but they have superchargers. Put a supercharger on a camaro, then try to keep up.

Just when they got it right...
By Davy Zoomzoom on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

... no more Camaro.