2001 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun to drive, reliable enough
By sac98281 on 08/23/13 13:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. Affordable, good looks. Some of the best suspension for a factory vehicle. Engine and transmission are great. Handles great. NOTE: front wheels are toe'd out (easily adjusted) which makes for great cornering but on the highway the tires will grab any surface imperfections and go that direction. Makes the driver pay attention. Convertible top works flawlessly and the material that it is made out of is excellent. Material is like a heavy canvas with good texture and looks. Common to this model: window motors burning out because of low voltage. I installed an aftermarket window motor wiring kit.

Super fun gas saver
By ponycar63 on 02/23/12 08:49 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Camaro with 100K on it. It runs and looks new. It was owned by a preacher's daughter (really) and she babied it. I wanted a car that was better on gas than my 4x4 F150. This Camaro has been turning in mpg between 28 and 31 in mixed town and interstate driving. I had in mind of buying some boring 'old guy' car like a Buick Century. This lil Camaro is so much more better looking, more fun and better mpg to boot. I love this car.

Very solid all around muscle car
By Rob C on 05/11/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Camaro SS back in 2004; it was 3 years old, and had 18k miles. The original owner purchased it and hardly drove it, as he had several cars. The car has t-tops, LS1, and a 6 spd manual trans. The car has more power than most need in stock form; in modified form, it can make a lot more. The LSI engine is bulletproof (if you maintain it) and fairly ecomomical for a large V-8. I have made several 600-700 mile road trips on the highway, and averaged 25-27 mpg! The 6 spd has a double overdrive, so at a steady 70-75 mph, in 6th gear, it is only turning @1500 rpm on the tach (it idles at 850 rpm)! The car is well built, and has no rattles or leaks (it has 48K miles).

My "01SLP SS
By '01 SS/'68 400 on 10/01/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I got the car a few months ago from a guy that had barely decided to sell it. I jumped on it and got the car for $6k. It is T-Top, 6 speed standard, LS1 engine, and all stock, (which I highly recommend people get, A stock car). Once I got the car, the clutch went out. I just decided to park the car and mod it. I barely got done working car and its great! I love it to death! I put 3" flowmaster super 44 american thunders, 3" slashed tips,a SLP cold air set up, Edelbrock headers,(which dropped the 0-60 time by 1 FULL SECOND!),pistol grip Hurst shifter and short throw, Eiback springs,Moroso shocks and oil pan,Vette injectors, and 18" Z06 black vette rims. I blacked the car out!

16 and Ready to Run
By Branden P on 07/27/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car its a basic V6 hatchback and so far its been better than anything out there I could afford. It handles windy roads like its on rails and puts the power down when you want it. The monsoon sound system blows my friends systems away. This one is going to be around for a long time.

Camaro SS
By Camaro SS on 06/17/09 01:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I sold my mustang and brought a 2001 Camaro SS 6spd in 2003, and its one of the best buys that I've made. It's very fast, and looks and sounds fantastic. Bang for the buck, its the best thing going!

my baby
By ynot on 05/18/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my camaro new,almost it had 5000 miles on it, and I love it. I get a lot of compliments and yes the hump on passenger side is inconvenient for a passenger but I too would buy another camero convertible

Daaaang!!!!!
By Disco on 05/14/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this Camaro 90,000 miles on it, looked for 6 months for one that was not molested. Bought it and man will these things get it with the V6. Super great gas mileage and a head turner. Much more car than I ever expected for the money. For all those out there better get one soon especially if you can find one under 6 grand for the nice ones. Round out that Camaro collection before the 2010's come out. I got mine! How about you?

Been a Good Car
By Red Head on 03/29/09 06:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2001 and with the exception of a broken mirror control, and defective battery terminal has never had a problem. Has a lot of high end features.

Great fun car
By Robby D on 01/20/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June of 2006. Has the base 3.8 features including no power windows or locks but has the ttops and the awesome monsoon stereo. Such a fun car to drive tho and always get compliments on it. Rear wheel drive is a ton of fun too but its a bit difficult to drive in the snow. Love the styling of this gen Camaro. Fuel economy isn't great but not terrible. Very reliable for me as I have yet to have something major breakdown. This car loves to hug the road at high speeds and on big curves. Driving with the windows down and ttops off, it's just an amazing car to cruise in. With the rear seats folded down you can fit quite a fair amount of cargo in the car if needed. Awesome car!