Bang for your buck
By demonspeed on
2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe
This is my 3rd Camaro. I bought the car used with 12k miles and I have put it through its paces. It is a daily driver that has seen a lot of track time. It has held up very well for the amount of abuse it has seen over the past 16k miles of ownership. With VERY minimal modifications, the car went from 13.6@106, to 13.1@110. I do not hesitate to take this car on any trips, nor fear the increasing gas prices and it sees close to 30mpg on the highway, and close 20mpg around town. For the price of these used LS1 cars, the performance/dollar ratio is top notch. With 303hp at the wheels STOCK, the car is really making more than its advertised 320hp (appx 350 crank - like a base Corvette).
Favorite Features
346 ci LS1 engine, T56 transmission, solid axle, t-tops, excellent looks with the SS package. Great relative mileage for the class, alright factory stereo (Monsoon 500w). This is a car to enjoy, but is very easy to setup into a drag race monster, or to have fun at your local SCCA event.
Suggested Improvements
Interior quality(this is a mid-90's GM design, so we can't expect much). Power antenna (why should just the Firebird get one?), a stronger rear alxe (GM 12 bolt?), better window motors, better clutch setup (remedied in 2001), and more factory awareness of the Camaro brand - BRING IT BACK!