2000 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: My last V8

2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

My last V8
By Kurt on

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I purchased this car from the dealer using my mother-in-law's employee discount. I ordered it in September, 1999 and it was delivered on Jan 1, 2000. The brakes warped right away and Chevy resurfaced them no charge - more than once. Several months ago I decided to keep the car and installed Baer Eradispeed disks front and rear with Hawk pads and a new set of Goodyear F1 GS D3s and the car is now perfected. It goes like stink and stops exceedingly well. Now that gas is $3/Ga I think this will be my last V8, but it has been fun. Used ones are cheap now and mine has been bulletproof. I would recommend one to anyone who wants something like this.

I like the whole car, but the favorite thing is the drivetrain. That big pushrod motor goes like a bat out of hell. Now that I have equivalent braking power I think the car is perfect.

If GM ever makes another Camaro I strongly recommend that they think more European and develop a rear wheel drive independently suspended dbl overhead cam mid-engine V6 mated to a paddle shifted manual transmission.