Best GM car I have ever owned.
By emarkay on
2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe
Practical, performance, economy. Yes, I am talking about a Camaro Z28! 25 MPG average, 300plus HP, seats 4, has carried china cabinets, 15 bags of mulch, dinette sets, or 30 days worth of "on the road" stuff, and goes from 0 to 60 in six seconds. It never let us down, saved our life when a SUV decided to change lanes at 70 without looking, never too hot with the shades in, a convertible with the T-tops out, and for safety, features Rear Wheel Drive (as opposed to Wrong Wheel Drive - one must never let ones tires turn, stop and go all at once!)
Favorite Features
Price, Performance, Versatility, Economy, Handling, Styling, Reliability, Engineering. What more could one ask from a car? Yes, it is the BEST GM car I have ever owned (out of 14) and sadly, because of their abandonment of this market, it will be the LAST new GM car I will ever own.
Suggested Improvements
Re-introduce it! They were selling 50,000 a year, but they killed it. Affordable at $25,000 when new ,loaded. In 2004 there will be a "GTO", but I won't be able to afford it's almost $40,000 price, and now, there is no 4 seat RWD car that GM makes. Pathetic.