Used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Excellent Automobile
By ssmith451

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I feel this is a great car. Then only issue now is the trade in/resale value since the stop of production.

Favorite Features

Heritage

Suggested Improvements

Shouldn't have stopped production. Really hurt resale value.

Always Something
By SubCoolEnt

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had my car for a couple years now. And i am overall unimpressed. Over the course of time i have had maybe 1 week worth of reliable trouble free cruising. I am 60K now, and every accessory i own on this car has given me trouble. Even the window washer projector is broke. Granted, Mechanically the engine is sound, except for the lousy brakes. But rewiring the entire interior because of some lame-broke loser thinks he should get paid more money for his job and that i should feel the wrath of his stupidity is aggrivating (can u tell?). My milage is close to 10mpg from its original 24, and i cant fix it. The V8 gets better milage. Never domestic again!

Favorite Features

After changing my headlights 4 times already, i do like how brite they are. That and my T-tops when they arent leaking on my lap. Altho the power window that never works no matter how many times i change the motor does make cruising look dumb (it is an electrical/motor problem)

Suggested Improvements

Give americans a deal and quality. This car has been the largest rip-off i have ever invested in. I dont have enough space to even begin. The company knows the problems, They're just too cheap. Why sell a good car and make money off it when u can sell a shit car and make tons.

Great exterior, Crap interior..
By Pewter Camaro

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

Very fun to drive, finally i can race cars on the road and actually win :). Wish i could afford insurance on a Z or an SS.. but with a few mods on my 3800 Series 2,and some exterior mods, I think i can turn her into an SS. But first i have to basically replace everything on the drivers side door!!!!

Favorite Features

Decent acceleration, nice lookin interior, smooth shiftin auto, love exterior look, even in Pewter.. smooth ride, great turning, and with better tires the traction can actually be pretty good

Suggested Improvements

Better power window motors! 41000 miles and already gone out; door panel is made very cheaply Taken off once to replace speakers and 2 screws stripped and i was very gentle; the top of the steering wheel broke so it is very lose; its cheaply made too.i think the inside of it is plastic

Green Ride
By Brand x

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

The car has been much more dependable then my Mercury Cougar, although the alternator went out in the beginning. It drives very sloppy around curves but it gets decent gas mileage and it's peppy

Favorite Features

It's topless

Suggested Improvements

All the plastic pieces keep breaking (ashtray lid, the piece around the covertible top button, the convertible switch itself)

THIS CAR IS AWESOME!
By BlindSk8erPunk

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles in late september 2002 from bill heard chevrolet.Since then it has been my primary mode of transportation,as well as joy rides.This car will SCREAM.I changed the cd player to c Pioneer Premier 220 watt & put a 1600 watt amp with thwo audiobahn 10 inch subs in there & it sounds incredible.Gas mileage is around 18-20 if driven conservative.Dies off if driven like every now & then a car this powerful requires. Expect to be watched by cops and chased by racer boy teens.

Favorite Features

Six-speed hurst shorthrow shifter,rims,Lights,t- tops,Handling,Acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Rear defogger cords,road noise.