2000 Z28 Hatchback
By First Timer on
2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe
This car is tight. When going down a bumpy road it remains quiet. Steering is tight also. The power steering is firmer than expected. Regardless of the speed firm accurate steering is always available. Power is as expected. Except for the clunking of metal parts when shifting from reverse to forward drive. No fluid leakage. Out on the freeway the car is beautiful. I was crusing at 80mph then rolled it on to 135mph. Nothing changed. Not the steering. Not the sound. Not the stability. It got there quick also. I think it will do 155mph with no problems. Seating is bad. I replaced the drivers seat with one I had in a 96 Chevy Caprice cop car. Now it is OK.
Favorite Features
I love the looks. Both exterior and interior are beautiful to gaze at. At start up the 5.7 liter LT1 engine sound reminds you of its power. Steering is quite firm even as the car accelerates. I do not know what the SS version could provide other than a little more HP. So, I am satisfied.
Suggested Improvements
Seats are in need of attention. The front seats need to be higher and offer more back support. The tilt steering column needs some refining also.