2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Lift Your Spirits
By Alien on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

If you ever need to lift your spirits, this is the car to drive. Super fast excelleration when you need to get up and GO with LS1 V8 328HP - Corvette engine. This car is a real head turner! For a fair weather car, not meant for snow, handles exceptional in heavy rain. I have dealer installed quad exhaust - its fun when young kids ask to hear it rumble! Body syle, build, and paint resist dings, easy to detail, and make the car lighter for speed. I never grew up wanting a Mitsubishi - I owned a 1973 Camaro - Chevy has come a long way with the 2000 SS... a REAL muscle car!

Best car I've ever had......
By Haul_n_SS on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

Too bad they had to discontinue making them. These are real head turners - everyone watches it go by.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
By Brian Patterson on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car by far is the best bang for the buck on the market. It's unfortunate that they are no longer being made, but that just means that the prices will drop a little, and more people will be able to afford, and enjoy such a unique car as this.

camaro SS 2000
By samson O on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This is my third 4th gen. F-body, and no doubt the best one i have driven. It is equiped with the optional revised bilstein suspension and high performance exhaust. Performance is exceptional for an automatic, offers unusually strong accelerations. Suspension is surprisingly good, very little body roll holds corners tightly and feels better on rough roads then my previous f-bodies. High marks for its velvety zo6 like exhaust note. Paint finish is excellent. Inside is somewhat cheap with the occasional rattle fixed by the dealership, annoying axle noise, metallic ticking noise from aluminum drive shaft during change of gears.

Kickass
By shadowss on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car is so much fun to drive stock, the I put Heads/Cam/Headers/Custom Programming and some Drag Tires. Now I have 430RW and this car is INSANE!

Hold on tight!!!
By White Lightning SS on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

Only complaint - drive shaft cannot handle all the horses. I've had it replaced twice. There is a chevy bulletin out on this and a heavier duty shaft available. My car still has twisted the newest drive shaft too (I don't do anything stupid to abuse it). I couldn't tell these things were even happening - it was when I took it into the dealer that they caught it. I hope before the warranty is out they have a shaft that won't weaken.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Erik D on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

Has a brute amount of power, great handling, comfortable seats (front ones anyway), and gets between 24-30 mpg on the highway. You've gotta love that from an engine that is a 5.7L 350. This car is in its own class when it comes to looks, performance and price. The engines potential seems almost unlimited. There are setups out there where people are making over 700 HP, but still get 23 mpg on the highway with the a/c on. Drop the clutch at 1500 rpm’s and you’ll have a huge smile in about 5 seconds!

my review
By zachary on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

my exsperianse is preety good so far i love it.

No Comparable Vehicle if its Caliber
By starfighter on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

Granted, GM could have done a better job in terms of continuous refinement of this great sportscar. Suffice to say that it's simply in a class of its own. One buys a Camaro for the sheer pride of owning a part of the American muscle car history. I'm tired of reading the cynical reviews. If you can't enjoy ownership, don't buy one!!! Your negative views are not going to spoil my fun!

Last of the Great muslecars.
By Kelly K on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I love this car. I previously owned a 96 Z28. The new LS1 car is twice as fun and I loved my old one. If you like power and a fuctional daily driver this is the car for you. The back seat is tight but you can haul poeple of stuff if you must. Not an option on many sports cars.