Used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

My '00 Z28
By Gregg1LE

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

This is my first LS1 car. I have owned both a V6 and an LT1 4th gen car. This is by far the best one in terms of looks, style, and performance.

Favorite Features

LS1 V8

Suggested Improvements

Firmer shifting automatic transmission.

Fun Car, but needs improvement
By carnut17

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had this car for about a year, and what a blast. This car was scary fast. However, when it came to twisty roads, my old '89 Mustang handled better than this beast. The car is too heavy and has too much body roll to handle well. As a daily driver, I can't recommend this car. The t-tops started leaking at 10,000 miles, and leaked even after the dealer replaced them. The interior rattles started right away, and got progressively louder and more numerous. Everything in the interior like it will snap off. I sold it before the whole thing fell apart when the warranty ran out. Seems like GM still believes in "planned obsolescence."

Favorite Features

Awesome power, great engine sound, good looks, t-top fun in the sun.

Suggested Improvements

An interior on par with the price of the car; better use of space; better handling; make it lighter; build it to last.

Simply put Camaro Z28
By 2000Z28

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

Best car I've ever owned. "A corvette with a back seat" Can not find performance like this for the money. I own a 2000 Camaro z28 with t-tops, it is seabring silver metallic with black leather. It is just beautiful. It can be sporty, a muscle car and it can be classy all at the same time.Great for everyday driving, or for just cruisin around. I love this car so much and would never trade it for another so called "sportscar".

Favorite Features

5.7 350 c.u. LS1 motor Great styling More than enough power Just a LEGEND

Suggested Improvements

Nothing needs to be changed.

Best bang for your buck
By dkushnir

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I love this car! If you are looking for high performance at a relatively inexpensive cost, this is (or was) your best option. 305hp (before modification), excellent brakes, very good fuel economy for the size of the engine, and above all...it's a fun car to drive. I'm very sad that it is gone because the Mustang GT (not the $35k-$40k Cobra models) is now the only V8, RWD car left in the $25k-$30k price range, it it doesn't even come close to the performance of the Z28 or Trans Am.

Favorite Features

Power...handling...comfortable cockpit...all the controls are easy to reach.

Suggested Improvements

A little higher quality materials in the interior would upgrade the "feel" of the interior. But if the price is going to rise, I would take the tradeoff of cheaper materials for the performance of the car.

Best GM car I have ever owned.
By emarkay

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

Practical, performance, economy. Yes, I am talking about a Camaro Z28! 25 MPG average, 300plus HP, seats 4, has carried china cabinets, 15 bags of mulch, dinette sets, or 30 days worth of "on the road" stuff, and goes from 0 to 60 in six seconds. It never let us down, saved our life when a SUV decided to change lanes at 70 without looking, never too hot with the shades in, a convertible with the T-tops out, and for safety, features Rear Wheel Drive (as opposed to Wrong Wheel Drive - one must never let ones tires turn, stop and go all at once!)

Favorite Features

Price, Performance, Versatility, Economy, Handling, Styling, Reliability, Engineering. What more could one ask from a car? Yes, it is the BEST GM car I have ever owned (out of 14) and sadly, because of their abandonment of this market, it will be the LAST new GM car I will ever own.

Suggested Improvements

Re-introduce it! They were selling 50,000 a year, but they killed it. Affordable at $25,000 when new ,loaded. In 2004 there will be a "GTO", but I won't be able to afford it's almost $40,000 price, and now, there is no 4 seat RWD car that GM makes. Pathetic.