Used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Most Helpful|
Great car
By jrmbubba

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I have a white Z28 with t-tops and it is a very fun car. Mine is used for daily driving mostly. 300+ hp is very hard to resist as far as playin with it while driving in it. With my exhaust and headers I tend to be bothered by the police for noise pollution but no tickets though

Favorite Features

Pure head jerking power with minor upgrades. I like the neck breaking beauty of this car as well

Suggested Improvements

I have slp headers, slp loudmouth exhaust system, and slp cold air intake. Runs smooth if you keep a good mass air flow sensor and O2 sensors.

Fun Car
By Natey

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had the z28 auto, i got the car with 40000 miles on it, really fast car just stock, stereo in it was really good, car ran great up to around 50000 with no problems, then i started to mod it, cam headers, touque converter, and on and on, then it started to have problems, trans went on me soon after, the rear gears, bad break vibrations, the after about 10000 the brand new trans started going, and coolant started boiling after normal every day driving so i sold it, great cars until you mess with them then they mess with you back

Favorite Features

Engine, sound

Suggested Improvements

better trans, better styling, smaller steering wheel, better breaks, 2010 camaro!!! sweet

Fun Car, but needs improvement
By carnut17

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had this car for about a year, and what a blast. This car was scary fast. However, when it came to twisty roads, my old '89 Mustang handled better than this beast. The car is too heavy and has too much body roll to handle well. As a daily driver, I can't recommend this car. The t-tops started leaking at 10,000 miles, and leaked even after the dealer replaced them. The interior rattles started right away, and got progressively louder and more numerous. Everything in the interior like it will snap off. I sold it before the whole thing fell apart when the warranty ran out. Seems like GM still believes in "planned obsolescence."

Favorite Features

Awesome power, great engine sound, good looks, t-top fun in the sun.

Suggested Improvements

An interior on par with the price of the car; better use of space; better handling; make it lighter; build it to last.

My 2000 Z28
By Bill Cook

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

For 10 Years I've always wanted a Camaro and in 2003 I finaly bought a used 2000 Z28 with 34,000. This car is an absolute fun to drive, very comfortable, sporty and fast. I'm a car guy 100% and this car is a pleasure to drive. But the build quality is, and I'm very sorry to say, is poor. The transmission went for no apparent reason and I've had incredible problems with the differential. The driver's seat wears out every 2 years and the V8 engine makes a lot of lifter noise when cold (cheap Chevy engine). I've had to replace the cat converters every 20K miles- thankfully still under warranty. Regardless I love the car. Fuel milege is a dependable/constant 17/25.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seating, sporty appearance, T-tops, resonable fuel mileage, fast!

Suggested Improvements

As I mentioned- build quality is poor. Cheap interior materials, cheap engine, transmission and differential components. Chevrolet- are you listening?

2000 Z28 Hatchback
By First Timer

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

This car is tight. When going down a bumpy road it remains quiet. Steering is tight also. The power steering is firmer than expected. Regardless of the speed firm accurate steering is always available. Power is as expected. Except for the clunking of metal parts when shifting from reverse to forward drive. No fluid leakage. Out on the freeway the car is beautiful. I was crusing at 80mph then rolled it on to 135mph. Nothing changed. Not the steering. Not the sound. Not the stability. It got there quick also. I think it will do 155mph with no problems. Seating is bad. I replaced the drivers seat with one I had in a 96 Chevy Caprice cop car. Now it is OK.

Favorite Features

I love the looks. Both exterior and interior are beautiful to gaze at. At start up the 5.7 liter LT1 engine sound reminds you of its power. Steering is quite firm even as the car accelerates. I do not know what the SS version could provide other than a little more HP. So, I am satisfied.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are in need of attention. The front seats need to be higher and offer more back support. The tilt steering column needs some refining also.