2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Silver Bullet
By 00SS on 03/08/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car is balanced well. It feels like a muscle car when I want it to, with the exception that it actually corners. I haven't had more fun driving a car, including my old 70 Nova! It's very tame when tootling around town, the gear changes are smooth and throttle response is outstanding. Whether you're cruising the strip, or blasting down an old country road, the car responds. Easy to drive, and power on tap. 60 MPH @ 1450 Rpms in 6th gear means I get decent gas mileage (around 23-24mpg highway).

This is a fantastic car!
By McEllinater on 01/23/09 06:28 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I drive a mystic blue 2000 z28 Camaro V6. The best part of my day is driving this car. It is a lot of fun to drive, even in long distances. It keeps friends, family, co-workers all in awe. It's got lots of pickup even for a V6 and the thing is a tank. The car makes you feel powerful as you cruise down the road. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it cannot handle in harsh winters, but it is a fantastic summer car. Overall this car symbolizes style, speed, strength, and respect.

Great SS
By 2k SS VERT on 02/19/07 22:31 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

What a fun car. Plenty of power. What a blast to put the top down. I love my convert and found out it's 1 of 48 artic white 6 speed SS converts built in 2000.

I love this car.
By SS owner on 01/21/07 23:11 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Although gas mileage isn't ideal, you will have so much fun driving this car that it more than makes up for the gas. I will never sell my SS.

Red Beauty
By Randy Mamola on 10/18/06 00:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Nice, Nice, Nice. This red beauty has been great since the day I bought it new off the showroom floor on Halloween, 2000. Was actually looking for a Coupe w/ automatic tranny for rush hour commute. Luckily I didn't find one, and I have no complaints with this SLP 6-speed SS convertible! (Except perhaps original Goodyear F-1 tires which are now long gone!) Looks, performance, looks (and second looks)from women, comfort, decent mileage, plus lots of options (except traction control) make for a great car and ownership experience! Trick SLP options include exhaust system and chrome wheels, both of which I am very pleased with.

Great Lemon
By 2k-ss on 02/04/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I ordered this car new, and it is my fourth Camaro. It's performance is great, and the fuel economy is surprising. The handling is outstanding. Unfortunately, the differential has been a constant source of trouble. It has been completely rebuilt by dealers three times. It rattles horribly under neutral load and whines when under slight power on turns. Chevrolet has admitted the rear end clunking is common, and says it is normal. Routine rebuilds would not seem to be normal. Now that the warranty is up, Chevrolet has lost interest in this.

My last V8
By Kurt on 09/26/05 17:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I purchased this car from the dealer using my mother-in-law's employee discount. I ordered it in September, 1999 and it was delivered on Jan 1, 2000. The brakes warped right away and Chevy resurfaced them no charge - more than once. Several months ago I decided to keep the car and installed Baer Eradispeed disks front and rear with Hawk pads and a new set of Goodyear F1 GS D3s and the car is now perfected. It goes like stink and stops exceedingly well. Now that gas is $3/Ga I think this will be my last V8, but it has been fun. Used ones are cheap now and mine has been bulletproof. I would recommend one to anyone who wants something like this.

Get One While You Can Find Them
By Carguy on 07/08/05 02:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used in 2004 with 11,000 miles on it. Went from New Orleans to Grand Ledge, Michigan to get it sight unseen. Turned out to be worth the trip. My first ride was the 1000+ mile trip back home with the car in which it performed flawlessly, even in the tropical storm, (no roof leaks) at my return to Louisiana. Fuel efficiency was unbelievable on this trip considering the power. This car has remarkable power, but is a mild mannered city cruiser with a better than average ride when your foot is not heavy on the gas. Exterior styling is excellent with the black top on a black car and chrome 5 spoke wheels. Exhaust note is awesome when you get on the accelerator.

Bang for your buck
By demonspeed on 04/04/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This is my 3rd Camaro. I bought the car used with 12k miles and I have put it through its paces. It is a daily driver that has seen a lot of track time. It has held up very well for the amount of abuse it has seen over the past 16k miles of ownership. With VERY minimal modifications, the car went from 13.6@106, to 13.1@110. I do not hesitate to take this car on any trips, nor fear the increasing gas prices and it sees close to 30mpg on the highway, and close 20mpg around town. For the price of these used LS1 cars, the performance/dollar ratio is top notch. With 303hp at the wheels STOCK, the car is really making more than its advertised 320hp (appx 350 crank - like a base Corvette).

THIS CAR IS AWESOME!
By BlindSk8erPunk on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles in late september 2002 from bill heard chevrolet.Since then it has been my primary mode of transportation,as well as joy rides.This car will SCREAM.I changed the cd player to c Pioneer Premier 220 watt & put a 1600 watt amp with thwo audiobahn 10 inch subs in there & it sounds incredible.Gas mileage is around 18-20 if driven conservative.Dies off if driven like every now & then a car this powerful requires. Expect to be watched by cops and chased by racer boy teens.