Used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Silver Bullet
By 00SS

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car is balanced well. It feels like a muscle car when I want it to, with the exception that it actually corners. I haven't had more fun driving a car, including my old 70 Nova! It's very tame when tootling around town, the gear changes are smooth and throttle response is outstanding. Whether you're cruising the strip, or blasting down an old country road, the car responds. Easy to drive, and power on tap. 60 MPH @ 1450 Rpms in 6th gear means I get decent gas mileage (around 23-24mpg highway).

Exterior style, power on demand, overall fun just driving.

No more skip shift!

This is a fantastic car!
By McEllinater

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I drive a mystic blue 2000 z28 Camaro V6. The best part of my day is driving this car. It is a lot of fun to drive, even in long distances. It keeps friends, family, co-workers all in awe. It's got lots of pickup even for a V6 and the thing is a tank. The car makes you feel powerful as you cruise down the road. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it cannot handle in harsh winters, but it is a fantastic summer car. Overall this car symbolizes style, speed, strength, and respect.

Very fun to drive, good for the image, fast, reliable, stylish, good fuel economy, affordable, good crash rating, and lots of trunk space.

Random parts seem to fail, could use some extra space, cheap interior, does not drive well in winter.

Great SS
By 2k SS VERT

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

What a fun car. Plenty of power. What a blast to put the top down. I love my convert and found out it's 1 of 48 artic white 6 speed SS converts built in 2000.

6-speed is one underestimated stock 320 hp

Skip shift stinks. Power window motors are known to fail and front speakers are prone to blow out from the high wattage

I love this car.
By SS owner

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Although gas mileage isn't ideal, you will have so much fun driving this car that it more than makes up for the gas. I will never sell my SS.

320 stock horsepower and a 6-speed transmission.

Not much room for improvement.

Red Beauty
By Randy Mamola

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Nice, Nice, Nice. This red beauty has been great since the day I bought it new off the showroom floor on Halloween, 2000. Was actually looking for a Coupe w/ automatic tranny for rush hour commute. Luckily I didn't find one, and I have no complaints with this SLP 6-speed SS convertible! (Except perhaps original Goodyear F-1 tires which are now long gone!) Looks, performance, looks (and second looks)from women, comfort, decent mileage, plus lots of options (except traction control) make for a great car and ownership experience! Trick SLP options include exhaust system and chrome wheels, both of which I am very pleased with.

LS1 w/ six speed

Can't think of any right offhand except perhaps more horsepower!