Used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

2000 V6 Automatic with T-Tops
By camarogrl00

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I had my wonderful Camaro for 8 years, over 98000 miles. Although I went through 4 sets of tires and breaks on normal driving, which I feel was WAY too many replacements. I still loved her. No matter how old this car gets the body style is still something so appealing. Unfortunately she needed too much done to it for me to keep driving, antoher set of tires and other stuff, I had to get rid of her. Anyone who has had a chance to own this fun and awesome car knows what a gem it is, regardless of any issues. I miss her everyday still and it has been 3 years since she was traded in.

Favorite Features

T-Tops, felt so roomy for a sports car. It always looked awesome even with a few dings.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could have been up to date with the body style.

Great car
By cafeteriagodess

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for almost 10 years. Great car drives quiet and with ease on the highway without road noise. The only thing I have had to do is tires, battery, headlights tail lights, belts. Oil changes regular maintaince. She has gone to the mountains three times with no problems on the blue ridge. I don't like the in/out of the seat as it is low and my hips have had enough. Don't care for the windshield its had to keep clean. I would change the rear hatch when its has rained when you lift up the hatch the water runs inside. I would not buy a knew one only because I am ready for a truck, but I have nothing to complain about this camaro has been very reliable never has given me any problems

Favorite Features

No road noise, cd stereo sounds great in closed area, fun to drive on long distances. People turn their heads when I go into parking lots as she is White with dark tint Windows and no one can see in and she looks good and sleek and trim lines smooth with the stock tires making her look strong

Suggested Improvements

back hatch water runs in after getting water on it when you open it.I hate the seats being so low hard to get in and out.When I first got the car I had to learn how to get in and out without ripping my back pockets on the seat belt holder. Windshield hard to keep clean cant reach all of windshield

A Decade of Fun!!
By camaromom2000

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for 10 years, Picked it up for a song and have been singing a happy tune ever since.I have the Mystic Teal paint and the color still blows me away, right along with how well this car still handles after all these years. Aside from replacing one fuel pump, this car has had NO major mechanical issues. Been extremely reliable!

Favorite Features

The color and it has great pickup despite only being a V6. And oh yeah, LOVE my T-tops when the weather cooperates!

Suggested Improvements

None. After all these years, wouldn't change a thing.

Best car I've ever owned!
By KS

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

Out of the many car cars I have owned in almost 40 years (!), this is the only car I have owned that has been mechanically trouble-free. Only regular oil changes - and tires/brakes @ 55k - it's been a blessing to own. I bought it brand-new and am now pushing 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

'Cool' exterior styling, driver comfort, easy handling, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The interior foam breaks down way too easily in the door frame, and center console not made to last (just check eBay for the number of bids on this item!). Minor interior plastic (ashtray, hangers, etc.) not long-lasting.

Totally Amazing Car... unbeatable
By pjhershey

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

Don't buy anything but domestic, and Chevy if you can. On top of just the pure speed and acceleration of the car, it still gets great gas mileage and is built tougher then any other coupe on the road. Its exterior is beautiful, interior is functional and stylish... it is just a great car.

Favorite Features

Engine design

Suggested Improvements

Don't bring it back and butcher it like all the other clasics