2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun and Able
By still_waiting on 04/14/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible

There's not many conditions that I haven't driven the old girl through. Much like most people have problems with the headlamps and taillights seem to go out more often then usual - but unlike most I haven't had any problems with the tires. Breaks tend to whine on light stopping while it's raining but that can be considered normal. Had it for quite a while now with a little over 64k on it almost all highway miles aside from some light racing on it. She can redline without worrying whether or not something's going to blow or not. Great car, extremely fun, no real high maintnence, only complain is the 30mpg highway seems like a lie - around 24 average with cruise on.

Camaro
By Scott on 08/22/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible

Purchased the convertible over a year ago. Great vehicle for 5 grand. V-6 has good power, still in new condition.

Awesome, but not for the faint of heart
By Skyszr on 03/13/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible

Great car, awesome performance for the engine. If you can handle the V8 it's good in wet weather. If not, don't dog it. I recommend getting drilled slotted rotors, and ceramic brakes. I put almost 90,000 miles on them, and I do hot rod my car. Gas mileage is good, interior is not a wow factor, but it's nice. Has a lot of potential for mods, cosmetic, and perfomance If you're looking for a fast fun sharp car, this is the car to drive.

Best for the Money
By spiderebb on 01/17/07 12:14 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible

The best of all worlds. A daily driver with bountiful power. Relatively economical to own, and an absolute blast to drive. The balance takes some time to get used to, but oversteer can be a good thing. Takes turns amazingly fast, just make sure you're dead- straight before touching the throttle. A glowing endorsement, but also its biggest flaw. You'll always be itching for the open road. You'll never find a road open enough. You always catch up to someone in a blink of an eye.

Green Ride
By Brand x on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible

The car has been much more dependable then my Mercury Cougar, although the alternator went out in the beginning. It drives very sloppy around curves but it gets decent gas mileage and it's peppy

this car is great
By Big John on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love my camaro

Lots of fun; not for the inexperienced
By Lucwolf on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible

It goes like greased lightning, looks sharp, stops well, and is quite economical to drive. The build quality is shocking, with mismatched body panels, failed electrical equipment, wind and water leaks, and just not a quality vehicle . My dealer has been most supportive, but I am pleased that I got the extended warrantee. The power, even with traction control, makes it a handful in wet weather, and in the snow, just park it and take the bus. It has startled me a few times with unpredictable handling with no warning.