2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Silver Bullet
By 00SS on 03/08/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car is balanced well. It feels like a muscle car when I want it to, with the exception that it actually corners. I haven't had more fun driving a car, including my old 70 Nova! It's very tame when tootling around town, the gear changes are smooth and throttle response is outstanding. Whether you're cruising the strip, or blasting down an old country road, the car responds. Easy to drive, and power on tap. 60 MPH @ 1450 Rpms in 6th gear means I get decent gas mileage (around 23-24mpg highway).

This is a fantastic car!
By McEllinater on 01/23/09 06:28 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I drive a mystic blue 2000 z28 Camaro V6. The best part of my day is driving this car. It is a lot of fun to drive, even in long distances. It keeps friends, family, co-workers all in awe. It's got lots of pickup even for a V6 and the thing is a tank. The car makes you feel powerful as you cruise down the road. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it cannot handle in harsh winters, but it is a fantastic summer car. Overall this car symbolizes style, speed, strength, and respect.

Great Lemon
By 2k-ss on 02/04/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I ordered this car new, and it is my fourth Camaro. It's performance is great, and the fuel economy is surprising. The handling is outstanding. Unfortunately, the differential has been a constant source of trouble. It has been completely rebuilt by dealers three times. It rattles horribly under neutral load and whines when under slight power on turns. Chevrolet has admitted the rear end clunking is common, and says it is normal. Routine rebuilds would not seem to be normal. Now that the warranty is up, Chevrolet has lost interest in this.

My last V8
By Kurt on 09/26/05 17:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I purchased this car from the dealer using my mother-in-law's employee discount. I ordered it in September, 1999 and it was delivered on Jan 1, 2000. The brakes warped right away and Chevy resurfaced them no charge - more than once. Several months ago I decided to keep the car and installed Baer Eradispeed disks front and rear with Hawk pads and a new set of Goodyear F1 GS D3s and the car is now perfected. It goes like stink and stops exceedingly well. Now that gas is $3/Ga I think this will be my last V8, but it has been fun. Used ones are cheap now and mine has been bulletproof. I would recommend one to anyone who wants something like this.

Bang for your buck
By demonspeed on 04/04/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This is my 3rd Camaro. I bought the car used with 12k miles and I have put it through its paces. It is a daily driver that has seen a lot of track time. It has held up very well for the amount of abuse it has seen over the past 16k miles of ownership. With VERY minimal modifications, the car went from 13.6@106, to 13.1@110. I do not hesitate to take this car on any trips, nor fear the increasing gas prices and it sees close to 30mpg on the highway, and close 20mpg around town. For the price of these used LS1 cars, the performance/dollar ratio is top notch. With 303hp at the wheels STOCK, the car is really making more than its advertised 320hp (appx 350 crank - like a base Corvette).

THIS CAR IS AWESOME!
By BlindSk8erPunk on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I bought this car used with 19,000 miles in late september 2002 from bill heard chevrolet.Since then it has been my primary mode of transportation,as well as joy rides.This car will SCREAM.I changed the cd player to c Pioneer Premier 220 watt & put a 1600 watt amp with thwo audiobahn 10 inch subs in there & it sounds incredible.Gas mileage is around 18-20 if driven conservative.Dies off if driven like every now & then a car this powerful requires. Expect to be watched by cops and chased by racer boy teens.

Awesome
By Kiss my SS on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

Love this car, excellent take off power,excellent mid range and top end acceleration. Monsoon sound system is awesome. This car brightens any day of mine when I can pull it out of the garage. Only have 20,000 miles on it so far, and have loved every one of them.

One of the Best Cars Ever Built
By camaro ss on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I have always liked the design and styling of the camaro and decided to purchase one. I never had any problems with it and it is a very fun vechicle to drive. The car performs outstanding and is very comfortable.

SS is the clone of Ferrari 575M
By Johnny Chang on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

Very fun to drive. Looks like a Ferrari 575M and drives like one.

American Muscle
By REDHOTSS on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car is amazingly fast. I have had no problems at all with the car. People complain about the interior, but what do you expect for $32,000 new US. The great thing about this car is that if you don't like the interior you can easily change it.