2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Great SS
By 2k SS VERT on 02/19/07 22:31 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

What a fun car. Plenty of power. What a blast to put the top down. I love my convert and found out it's 1 of 48 artic white 6 speed SS converts built in 2000.

I love this car.
By SS owner on 01/21/07 23:11 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Although gas mileage isn't ideal, you will have so much fun driving this car that it more than makes up for the gas. I will never sell my SS.

Red Beauty
By Randy Mamola on 10/18/06 00:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Nice, Nice, Nice. This red beauty has been great since the day I bought it new off the showroom floor on Halloween, 2000. Was actually looking for a Coupe w/ automatic tranny for rush hour commute. Luckily I didn't find one, and I have no complaints with this SLP 6-speed SS convertible! (Except perhaps original Goodyear F-1 tires which are now long gone!) Looks, performance, looks (and second looks)from women, comfort, decent mileage, plus lots of options (except traction control) make for a great car and ownership experience! Trick SLP options include exhaust system and chrome wheels, both of which I am very pleased with.

Get One While You Can Find Them
By Carguy on 07/08/05 02:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used in 2004 with 11,000 miles on it. Went from New Orleans to Grand Ledge, Michigan to get it sight unseen. Turned out to be worth the trip. My first ride was the 1000+ mile trip back home with the car in which it performed flawlessly, even in the tropical storm, (no roof leaks) at my return to Louisiana. Fuel efficiency was unbelievable on this trip considering the power. This car has remarkable power, but is a mild mannered city cruiser with a better than average ride when your foot is not heavy on the gas. Exterior styling is excellent with the black top on a black car and chrome 5 spoke wheels. Exhaust note is awesome when you get on the accelerator.

Move over, fast lane slugs
By wriddle on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

This is a real nice car, excellent convertible top functionality (though it leaks in automatic car washes), no lack of power, handles quite well, adequate mileage out of stock goodyear tires, large doors are a pain in tight parking spots, six speed can be a bear in stop and go traffic, leather seats could be better bolstered, gets a lot of positive commewnts by passers-by.

Camaro SS
By TommySS on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Best bang for the buck - ever. Solid car, no rattles/squeaks/leaks. Extremely fast, very sure-footed.

Lots of fun per cubic inch!
By jrvanvon on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

The car looks fast and is! Enjoyable to drive with the top down in the middle of summer. Interior finish is somewhat lacking but you don't buy this car for the interior finish. You buy this car because you want a Corvette with a backseat! Although not very roomy in the back, it does offer an alternative for small kids, etc. Great buy for the money with lots of Detroit muscle and rumble!

I love this car
By FBodySS on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

I have had the car for little over 17000 miles and have had no problem with it. The car has 34000 miles and has never had a problem. Its the most fun car I have ever had! For the dollar to horsepower ratio, you cant beat it.

Fast cheap corvette
By rix2000ss on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

This is one fun car to drive. I have had several Mustangs and I love the interior by comparison. It is not a long distance car by any means. The seats are lacking support and I think I will replace myself. The look of the car is great. So far no problems but I only have 2800 miles on the car.

SS Review
By SS Driver on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

My SS is the funnest car I've ever owned.