Used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun Car
By Natey

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had the z28 auto, i got the car with 40000 miles on it, really fast car just stock, stereo in it was really good, car ran great up to around 50000 with no problems, then i started to mod it, cam headers, touque converter, and on and on, then it started to have problems, trans went on me soon after, the rear gears, bad break vibrations, the after about 10000 the brand new trans started going, and coolant started boiling after normal every day driving so i sold it, great cars until you mess with them then they mess with you back

Favorite Features

Engine, sound

Suggested Improvements

better trans, better styling, smaller steering wheel, better breaks, 2010 camaro!!! sweet

My 2000 Z28
By Bill Cook

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

For 10 Years I've always wanted a Camaro and in 2003 I finaly bought a used 2000 Z28 with 34,000. This car is an absolute fun to drive, very comfortable, sporty and fast. I'm a car guy 100% and this car is a pleasure to drive. But the build quality is, and I'm very sorry to say, is poor. The transmission went for no apparent reason and I've had incredible problems with the differential. The driver's seat wears out every 2 years and the V8 engine makes a lot of lifter noise when cold (cheap Chevy engine). I've had to replace the cat converters every 20K miles- thankfully still under warranty. Regardless I love the car. Fuel milege is a dependable/constant 17/25.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seating, sporty appearance, T-tops, resonable fuel mileage, fast!

Suggested Improvements

As I mentioned- build quality is poor. Cheap interior materials, cheap engine, transmission and differential components. Chevrolet- are you listening?

Great car
By jrmbubba

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I have a white Z28 with t-tops and it is a very fun car. Mine is used for daily driving mostly. 300+ hp is very hard to resist as far as playin with it while driving in it. With my exhaust and headers I tend to be bothered by the police for noise pollution but no tickets though

Favorite Features

Pure head jerking power with minor upgrades. I like the neck breaking beauty of this car as well

Suggested Improvements

I have slp headers, slp loudmouth exhaust system, and slp cold air intake. Runs smooth if you keep a good mass air flow sensor and O2 sensors.

2000 Z28 Hatchback
By First Timer

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

This car is tight. When going down a bumpy road it remains quiet. Steering is tight also. The power steering is firmer than expected. Regardless of the speed firm accurate steering is always available. Power is as expected. Except for the clunking of metal parts when shifting from reverse to forward drive. No fluid leakage. Out on the freeway the car is beautiful. I was crusing at 80mph then rolled it on to 135mph. Nothing changed. Not the steering. Not the sound. Not the stability. It got there quick also. I think it will do 155mph with no problems. Seating is bad. I replaced the drivers seat with one I had in a 96 Chevy Caprice cop car. Now it is OK.

Favorite Features

I love the looks. Both exterior and interior are beautiful to gaze at. At start up the 5.7 liter LT1 engine sound reminds you of its power. Steering is quite firm even as the car accelerates. I do not know what the SS version could provide other than a little more HP. So, I am satisfied.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are in need of attention. The front seats need to be higher and offer more back support. The tilt steering column needs some refining also.

2000 Z28
By Ray Yankura

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

The engine is awsome. Handling is great. Matching panels is terrible. I don't use it when it rains and I store it in the winter. Had to purchase new tires after 12,000 miles. I don't hot rod it either. Sound system is great. I have the 500 Watt Monsoon. Paint is pretty good. I have not taken it for service since I purchased it. Not a family car. Only use it on week ends. I have added some body decals which give it a better apperance. Have lots of people tell me how nice the car looks. Runs very well. I guess the engine is what sold me.

Favorite Features

Engine is great. I have a six speed and can run at 70 mph at 1700 rpm, even with 410 gears. The sound of the mufflers are great. Added a Magnaflow system with 3" exhaust pipes. I also like the ground effects, even though it was a 1500 dollar adder. Glad I purchased the Hurst shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Better fitting body parts. Seating needs more comfort. No real room to enter the vehicle. Seat is getting worn were I slide in and out. Would never take passengers. No room.