2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun Car
By Natey on 04/22/10 13:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had the z28 auto, i got the car with 40000 miles on it, really fast car just stock, stereo in it was really good, car ran great up to around 50000 with no problems, then i started to mod it, cam headers, touque converter, and on and on, then it started to have problems, trans went on me soon after, the rear gears, bad break vibrations, the after about 10000 the brand new trans started going, and coolant started boiling after normal every day driving so i sold it, great cars until you mess with them then they mess with you back

My 2000 Z28
By Bill Cook on 02/24/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

For 10 Years I've always wanted a Camaro and in 2003 I finaly bought a used 2000 Z28 with 34,000. This car is an absolute fun to drive, very comfortable, sporty and fast. I'm a car guy 100% and this car is a pleasure to drive. But the build quality is, and I'm very sorry to say, is poor. The transmission went for no apparent reason and I've had incredible problems with the differential. The driver's seat wears out every 2 years and the V8 engine makes a lot of lifter noise when cold (cheap Chevy engine). I've had to replace the cat converters every 20K miles- thankfully still under warranty. Regardless I love the car. Fuel milege is a dependable/constant 17/25.

Great car
By jrmbubba on 11/05/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I have a white Z28 with t-tops and it is a very fun car. Mine is used for daily driving mostly. 300+ hp is very hard to resist as far as playin with it while driving in it. With my exhaust and headers I tend to be bothered by the police for noise pollution but no tickets though

2000 Z28 Hatchback
By First Timer on 04/23/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

This car is tight. When going down a bumpy road it remains quiet. Steering is tight also. The power steering is firmer than expected. Regardless of the speed firm accurate steering is always available. Power is as expected. Except for the clunking of metal parts when shifting from reverse to forward drive. No fluid leakage. Out on the freeway the car is beautiful. I was crusing at 80mph then rolled it on to 135mph. Nothing changed. Not the steering. Not the sound. Not the stability. It got there quick also. I think it will do 155mph with no problems. Seating is bad. I replaced the drivers seat with one I had in a 96 Chevy Caprice cop car. Now it is OK.

2000 Z28
By Ray Yankura on 10/16/05 08:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

The engine is awsome. Handling is great. Matching panels is terrible. I don't use it when it rains and I store it in the winter. Had to purchase new tires after 12,000 miles. I don't hot rod it either. Sound system is great. I have the 500 Watt Monsoon. Paint is pretty good. I have not taken it for service since I purchased it. Not a family car. Only use it on week ends. I have added some body decals which give it a better apperance. Have lots of people tell me how nice the car looks. Runs very well. I guess the engine is what sold me.

My '00 Z28
By Gregg1LE on 05/16/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

This is my first LS1 car. I have owned both a V6 and an LT1 4th gen car. This is by far the best one in terms of looks, style, and performance.

Fun Car, but needs improvement
By carnut17 on 01/14/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had this car for about a year, and what a blast. This car was scary fast. However, when it came to twisty roads, my old '89 Mustang handled better than this beast. The car is too heavy and has too much body roll to handle well. As a daily driver, I can't recommend this car. The t-tops started leaking at 10,000 miles, and leaked even after the dealer replaced them. The interior rattles started right away, and got progressively louder and more numerous. Everything in the interior like it will snap off. I sold it before the whole thing fell apart when the warranty ran out. Seems like GM still believes in "planned obsolescence."

Simply put Camaro Z28
By 2000Z28 on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

Best car I've ever owned. "A corvette with a back seat" Can not find performance like this for the money. I own a 2000 Camaro z28 with t-tops, it is seabring silver metallic with black leather. It is just beautiful. It can be sporty, a muscle car and it can be classy all at the same time.Great for everyday driving, or for just cruisin around. I love this car so much and would never trade it for another so called "sportscar".

Best bang for your buck
By dkushnir on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I love this car! If you are looking for high performance at a relatively inexpensive cost, this is (or was) your best option. 305hp (before modification), excellent brakes, very good fuel economy for the size of the engine, and above all...it's a fun car to drive. I'm very sad that it is gone because the Mustang GT (not the $35k-$40k Cobra models) is now the only V8, RWD car left in the $25k-$30k price range, it it doesn't even come close to the performance of the Z28 or Trans Am.

Best GM car I have ever owned.
By emarkay on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

Practical, performance, economy. Yes, I am talking about a Camaro Z28! 25 MPG average, 300plus HP, seats 4, has carried china cabinets, 15 bags of mulch, dinette sets, or 30 days worth of "on the road" stuff, and goes from 0 to 60 in six seconds. It never let us down, saved our life when a SUV decided to change lanes at 70 without looking, never too hot with the shades in, a convertible with the T-tops out, and for safety, features Rear Wheel Drive (as opposed to Wrong Wheel Drive - one must never let ones tires turn, stop and go all at once!)