2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
2000 V6 Automatic with T-Tops
By camarogrl00 on 06/03/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I had my wonderful Camaro for 8 years, over 98000 miles. Although I went through 4 sets of tires and breaks on normal driving, which I feel was WAY too many replacements. I still loved her. No matter how old this car gets the body style is still something so appealing. Unfortunately she needed too much done to it for me to keep driving, antoher set of tires and other stuff, I had to get rid of her. Anyone who has had a chance to own this fun and awesome car knows what a gem it is, regardless of any issues. I miss her everyday still and it has been 3 years since she was traded in.

Great car
By cafeteriagodess on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for almost 10 years. Great car drives quiet and with ease on the highway without road noise. The only thing I have had to do is tires, battery, headlights tail lights, belts. Oil changes regular maintaince. She has gone to the mountains three times with no problems on the blue ridge. I don't like the in/out of the seat as it is low and my hips have had enough. Don't care for the windshield its had to keep clean. I would change the rear hatch when its has rained when you lift up the hatch the water runs inside. I would not buy a knew one only because I am ready for a truck, but I have nothing to complain about this camaro has been very reliable never has given me any problems

A Decade of Fun!!
By camaromom2000 on 03/24/10 04:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for 10 years, Picked it up for a song and have been singing a happy tune ever since.I have the Mystic Teal paint and the color still blows me away, right along with how well this car still handles after all these years. Aside from replacing one fuel pump, this car has had NO major mechanical issues. Been extremely reliable!

Best car I've ever owned!
By KS on 05/13/06 00:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

Out of the many car cars I have owned in almost 40 years (!), this is the only car I have owned that has been mechanically trouble-free. Only regular oil changes - and tires/brakes @ 55k - it's been a blessing to own. I bought it brand-new and am now pushing 100,000 miles.

Totally Amazing Car... unbeatable
By pjhershey on 04/02/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

Don't buy anything but domestic, and Chevy if you can. On top of just the pure speed and acceleration of the car, it still gets great gas mileage and is built tougher then any other coupe on the road. Its exterior is beautiful, interior is functional and stylish... it is just a great car.

Excellent Automobile
By ssmith451 on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I feel this is a great car. Then only issue now is the trade in/resale value since the stop of production.

Always Something
By SubCoolEnt on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had my car for a couple years now. And i am overall unimpressed. Over the course of time i have had maybe 1 week worth of reliable trouble free cruising. I am 60K now, and every accessory i own on this car has given me trouble. Even the window washer projector is broke. Granted, Mechanically the engine is sound, except for the lousy brakes. But rewiring the entire interior because of some lame-broke loser thinks he should get paid more money for his job and that i should feel the wrath of his stupidity is aggrivating (can u tell?). My milage is close to 10mpg from its original 24, and i cant fix it. The V8 gets better milage. Never domestic again!

Great exterior, Crap interior..
By Pewter Camaro on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

Very fun to drive, finally i can race cars on the road and actually win :). Wish i could afford insurance on a Z or an SS.. but with a few mods on my 3800 Series 2,and some exterior mods, I think i can turn her into an SS. But first i have to basically replace everything on the drivers side door!!!!

Proud city girl with her redneck ride
By Tygernurse on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I started out leasing Baby and loved her so much I decided to buy her after 3 years. She's quick to react due to her tight steering. She's a beauty to look at, but her power is deceiving. She's relatively slow off the line and pick up is delayed when you really need the old drag racing power that she's remembered for. T-tops are fun, but can be cumbersome to manage and !!HOT!! to touch when she's been in the sun. She's a unique exterior design, you don't find that type of identity with the Accords, Civics, Camrys and Corollas. When she comes barreling down the road everyone knows her name.

Beautiful Machine
By Sweet Pea on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

The car is obviously very attractive. The interior creates a cacoon around whoever is in the cockpit. The 200 hp power plant under the hood of the base model is quite a peppy engine. It does not compare to the V8 ,but if your looking for a V6... this is it! I have a flowmaster 80 series exhaust on my Camaro with two stainless steel flat tips like the Z 28, and it looks very nice. Upon start-up it sounds GREAT!!!, not as good during acceleration, but if you want to turn some heads when you turn the key, this will do the trick. Overall an excellent car, and a great buy. Take care of it, and it will last you a lifetime!!!