2000 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Fun and Able
By still_waiting on 04/14/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

There's not many conditions that I haven't driven the old girl through. Much like most people have problems with the headlamps and taillights seem to go out more often then usual - but unlike most I haven't had any problems with the tires. Breaks tend to whine on light stopping while it's raining but that can be considered normal. Had it for quite a while now with a little over 64k on it almost all highway miles aside from some light racing on it. She can redline without worrying whether or not something's going to blow or not. Great car, extremely fun, no real high maintnence, only complain is the 30mpg highway seems like a lie - around 24 average with cruise on.

2000 V6 Automatic with T-Tops
By camarogrl00 on 06/03/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I had my wonderful Camaro for 8 years, over 98000 miles. Although I went through 4 sets of tires and breaks on normal driving, which I feel was WAY too many replacements. I still loved her. No matter how old this car gets the body style is still something so appealing. Unfortunately she needed too much done to it for me to keep driving, antoher set of tires and other stuff, I had to get rid of her. Anyone who has had a chance to own this fun and awesome car knows what a gem it is, regardless of any issues. I miss her everyday still and it has been 3 years since she was traded in.

Great car
By cafeteriagodess on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for almost 10 years. Great car drives quiet and with ease on the highway without road noise. The only thing I have had to do is tires, battery, headlights tail lights, belts. Oil changes regular maintaince. She has gone to the mountains three times with no problems on the blue ridge. I don't like the in/out of the seat as it is low and my hips have had enough. Don't care for the windshield its had to keep clean. I would change the rear hatch when its has rained when you lift up the hatch the water runs inside. I would not buy a knew one only because I am ready for a truck, but I have nothing to complain about this camaro has been very reliable never has given me any problems

Camaro
By Scott on 08/22/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

Purchased the convertible over a year ago. Great vehicle for 5 grand. V-6 has good power, still in new condition.

Fun Car
By Natey on 04/22/10 13:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had the z28 auto, i got the car with 40000 miles on it, really fast car just stock, stereo in it was really good, car ran great up to around 50000 with no problems, then i started to mod it, cam headers, touque converter, and on and on, then it started to have problems, trans went on me soon after, the rear gears, bad break vibrations, the after about 10000 the brand new trans started going, and coolant started boiling after normal every day driving so i sold it, great cars until you mess with them then they mess with you back

A Decade of Fun!!
By camaromom2000 on 03/24/10 04:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for 10 years, Picked it up for a song and have been singing a happy tune ever since.I have the Mystic Teal paint and the color still blows me away, right along with how well this car still handles after all these years. Aside from replacing one fuel pump, this car has had NO major mechanical issues. Been extremely reliable!

Silver Bullet
By 00SS on 03/08/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

This car is balanced well. It feels like a muscle car when I want it to, with the exception that it actually corners. I haven't had more fun driving a car, including my old 70 Nova! It's very tame when tootling around town, the gear changes are smooth and throttle response is outstanding. Whether you're cruising the strip, or blasting down an old country road, the car responds. Easy to drive, and power on tap. 60 MPH @ 1450 Rpms in 6th gear means I get decent gas mileage (around 23-24mpg highway).

My 2000 Z28
By Bill Cook on 02/24/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

For 10 Years I've always wanted a Camaro and in 2003 I finaly bought a used 2000 Z28 with 34,000. This car is an absolute fun to drive, very comfortable, sporty and fast. I'm a car guy 100% and this car is a pleasure to drive. But the build quality is, and I'm very sorry to say, is poor. The transmission went for no apparent reason and I've had incredible problems with the differential. The driver's seat wears out every 2 years and the V8 engine makes a lot of lifter noise when cold (cheap Chevy engine). I've had to replace the cat converters every 20K miles- thankfully still under warranty. Regardless I love the car. Fuel milege is a dependable/constant 17/25.

This is a fantastic car!
By McEllinater on 01/23/09 06:28 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2 Dr Z28 SS Coupe

I drive a mystic blue 2000 z28 Camaro V6. The best part of my day is driving this car. It is a lot of fun to drive, even in long distances. It keeps friends, family, co-workers all in awe. It's got lots of pickup even for a V6 and the thing is a tank. The car makes you feel powerful as you cruise down the road. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it cannot handle in harsh winters, but it is a fantastic summer car. Overall this car symbolizes style, speed, strength, and respect.

Awesome, but not for the faint of heart
By Skyszr on 03/13/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

Great car, awesome performance for the engine. If you can handle the V8 it's good in wet weather. If not, don't dog it. I recommend getting drilled slotted rotors, and ceramic brakes. I put almost 90,000 miles on them, and I do hot rod my car. Gas mileage is good, interior is not a wow factor, but it's nice. Has a lot of potential for mods, cosmetic, and perfomance If you're looking for a fast fun sharp car, this is the car to drive.