1999 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: wish you were here

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Review

wish you were here
By Z28Rick71 on

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drice, especially if you crave American muscle-car performace. V8 Power, a loud exhaust, and that classic jet fighter look, although later editions of this rear-drive torque-monster have a face like the Concorde, and we are not talking about the supersonic jet here either. On long trips the harsness of the Z28 experience can get on your nerves but the gas mileage will be surprisingly good. I have gotten 26 MPG in this car! driven strictly around town expect a mere 16. especially if you have a haeavy foot.

The Hatchback! What I meant is that the LS1 V8 is the best engine I have ever driven, the all-aluminumn beast puts torque where I need it and the crisp hard shifts of the 4-speed auto make it happen very fast.

Bring it back? I don't know what else to say, other that the Camaro went out in total glory, right at it's peak in terms of engineering. Much of its technology lives on in the Corvette and the new GTO for 2004.