1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Bang for the Buck
By Doug27 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

This is plain and simple the best performance you can get for your money!

Excellent vehicle
By G Scott on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Outstanding reliability, excellent performance, "interesting" interior design makes this a unique experience. I drive this car everywhere, in all conditions, and the car has performed extremely well. I have had no problems with this car. Change the oil, check the coolant, and you're pretty much set. The interior is this car's weakest link. Half of it can be taken apart simply by pulling on the plastic panels.

Z-28 Power
By Forrest 2 on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I won't lie, I bought this car for the mighty LS-1 engine. I have driven quite irresponsibly in this car, and it's taken all I have to throw at it and never skipped a beat. I've raced and beaten M3's, Mustangs, V6 F-bodies, and any number of modified Japanese imports. And this car is AUTOMATIC. Frighteningly fast, and comfortable interior, spells a steal of a deal at the $12,800 that I got it for.

Best Bang for the Buck!
By 99SS on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used with 30k miles, and I now have over 80k miles. I have not had 1 problem with the car, and trust me I use it to the extreme. I run nitrous on the car, full exhaust, intake, and gears. The car takes a beating and keeps coming back for more!

Destorys the Mustang
By Eric_20 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

This car performs great. I live in a quite small city with less than 50000 people that is overfilled with crappy mustangs. Having the only camaro convertible (while being only 20 years old) is nice because of all the constant looks. Overall, it's been a great car so far and I'm gonna be with it for a long time.

Total Blast for under $15000!!!!!!!
By Dmonte3 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

What a blast to drive! Pop out the T- tops, crank up the tunes, and find the road with the most curves! People often disrespect the V-6 Camaro, favoring the V-8. Those are the ones who have never driven one! Granted, it's not a 305 horse monster like the Z-28, but the lighter V-6 placed nearly under the dashboard helps for much better weight disribution and go-cart like handling. The car has enough power to be fun, yet is quite controllable and predictable. It isn't a Z-28 but then again, it has nothing to prove....only to impress!

Z28 Guy
By Quicksilver on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

At 5000+ feet above sea level completely stock Z28, my first G-Tech scored 5.42 seconds 0-60. This car is tough. The best styling is the rear quarters and tail pipe design. I grew to dislike the front head lights-- reminiscent of the new dodge sedans. This was the ultimate entry level sports car.

Last of the Red Hot SS Camaro's
By Raidersfan on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I have been both very happy with my driving experience and happy with my dealers who have helped maintain this car. I live and work in San Francisco which is a very car unfriendly place to drive. My 99 six speed SS has handled the steep bumpy hilly terrain admirably. The car has been maintained at a local dealer and with 65,000 miles has not experienced any problems. We don't have any plans on selling this car. When the time comes we will retire it to part time duty. Our trouble will be replacing it with something as exciting as this SS.

Camaro
By Keith S. on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

You will try to find a reason to go for a drive if you own own one of these. A blast to drive!

chevys rule
By star700 on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

its a good car to drive in the summer but you have to be careful when it is raining. Thats why im happy to have the sgs button to help get traction in the rain.