Used 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

1999 Z28 by adult driver
By kjbuster

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Fast, fun to drive, great trip mileage -28 mpg, lots of tire noise inside cab, poor overall quality( two broken sun visors, original battery installation faulty,failed window motor,failed clutch master cylinder, two trips to shop for A/C problems. Too many repairs for a low mileage and carefully driven car.

Favorite Features

Strong engine, nice 6 speed transmission, good looking front end.

Suggested Improvements

Impove quality, reduce noise inside cab, better seats would be nice.

A Dream Come True
By S.Hall

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This vehicle has been the car of my dreams since 1998, when I first saw a 98 Camaro SS. While this isn't the SS, it's easy to make it look and act like one. The styling of this car is controversial, you either love it or hate it. The front end looks stolen from the Chrysler Concorde to many, and share a distinct similarity... but that's where any comparison ends. This car is FAST, STRONG, and the very picture of AMERICAN MUSCLE!

Favorite Features

Performance. The 6-speed manual is sheer heaven. Incredible gas mileage if you can keep your foot out of it. The sound from the stock muffler alone is incredible.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system was slightly disappointing... aftermarket stereo system would be the only change I could suggest.

Good while it lasted.
By Dave GG

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Great car, but transmission problems after 30K miles. Once the warranty ran out, Chevy abandoned me, wouldn't stand behind their work and raked in the repair bucks.

Favorite Features

Performance, Performance, Perfromance.

Suggested Improvements

Perf, Mods to make it even faster.

My Dream Car
By sdream696

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Camaro's have always been a favorite of mine, and my car has only reinforced this attitude. My friends and family know that my car is a part of Chevrolet, American history. Never before or since could you get this sort of bang for the buck! I paid $24K in Sept. of 1998, and have absolutley NO COMPLAINTS. No problems, excellent performance, and great quality. Five summers of fun, fun, fun... GM did their homework on these cars... I will keep my car so that my kids will someday know what a 'musclecar' really is. Oh yeah, it eats V-8 Mustang Cobra's for lunch. :-)

Favorite Features

ENGINE! SOUND SYSTEM! EXHAUST! 6- SPEED! What else could you ask for?

wish you were here
By Z28Rick71

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drice, especially if you crave American muscle-car performace. V8 Power, a loud exhaust, and that classic jet fighter look, although later editions of this rear-drive torque-monster have a face like the Concorde, and we are not talking about the supersonic jet here either. On long trips the harsness of the Z28 experience can get on your nerves but the gas mileage will be surprisingly good. I have gotten 26 MPG in this car! driven strictly around town expect a mere 16. especially if you have a haeavy foot.

Favorite Features

The Hatchback! What I meant is that the LS1 V8 is the best engine I have ever driven, the all-aluminumn beast puts torque where I need it and the crisp hard shifts of the 4-speed auto make it happen very fast.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back? I don't know what else to say, other that the Camaro went out in total glory, right at it's peak in terms of engineering. Much of its technology lives on in the Corvette and the new GTO for 2004.