1999 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L V8 Consumer Reviews 2

1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

Z28 Coupe (5.7L V8)

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
everything in a sports car
By Ara on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is the sports car that I've always wanted. It is long, sleek and beautiful. It has the power I've been longing since I gave up my 87 Grand National (big mistake that was). I feel comfortable and it rides great. Great bang for your buck!

awesome car!
By raceguy333 on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my second car (second camaro) and it is great. I originally had a 95 coupe, and after moving up to a 99 z28, i have to say that the power is excellent! The only problem i have had is a dead battery, but i was running a 2000-watt stereo off the factory battery that was 4 years old.. that is to be expected.

Red Racer - You're Great!!
By Sqqzieq on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is the fastest, most throttle responsive car I have ever driven. The styling is great and even at 4 years old attracts a lot of attention. I haven't had any mechanical problems with the car and only wish that Chevrolet had not decided to discontinue it. I plan to keep the car for a long time to come.

Excellent vehicle
By G Scott on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Outstanding reliability, excellent performance, "interesting" interior design makes this a unique experience. I drive this car everywhere, in all conditions, and the car has performed extremely well. I have had no problems with this car. Change the oil, check the coolant, and you're pretty much set. The interior is this car's weakest link. Half of it can be taken apart simply by pulling on the plastic panels.

Z-28 Power
By Forrest 2 on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I won't lie, I bought this car for the mighty LS-1 engine. I have driven quite irresponsibly in this car, and it's taken all I have to throw at it and never skipped a beat. I've raced and beaten M3's, Mustangs, V6 F-bodies, and any number of modified Japanese imports. And this car is AUTOMATIC. Frighteningly fast, and comfortable interior, spells a steal of a deal at the $12,800 that I got it for.

Z28 Guy
By Quicksilver on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

At 5000+ feet above sea level completely stock Z28, my first G-Tech scored 5.42 seconds 0-60. This car is tough. The best styling is the rear quarters and tail pipe design. I grew to dislike the front head lights-- reminiscent of the new dodge sedans. This was the ultimate entry level sports car.

So far so "good enough"
By ls1mn6 on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Corvette performance with a cavaliers quality. a/c went out at 37K miles, thanks GM, power windows roll up and down like molasses. motors replaced twice. ttops are starting to leak. radio speakers blew. handles like a dream, fast as hell. brakes stop on a dime. i love this car lol

Great Car All Over
By dumbcreep on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new in 1998, Since then, I have taken good care of it and it has taken care of me, the only thing that happened so far is the battery died.

fast n furious z28
By jamyz on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

with slite modifications this car is fast as hell.its sounds like an old muscle car and its fast.I recomend the borla cat back exhaust, along with changing the air induction!i also reccomend getting the extended warranty! its been a great car but i have had it in the shop more then i would like.bad water pump,rear bearings,leaking out of the differential.great car but expensive repairs if not warrantied!