1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1999 Camaro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Sort Reviews by

everything in a sports car
By Ara

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is the sports car that I've always wanted. It is long, sleek and beautiful. It has the power I've been longing since I gave up my 87 Grand National (big mistake that was). I feel comfortable and it rides great. Great bang for your buck!

Favorite Features

All the power and looks

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo that includes CD as stock. And there is some back firing going on that I'm not sure I want to get rid of! They were nuts to stop producing these.

awesome car!
By raceguy333

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my second car (second camaro) and it is great. I originally had a 95 coupe, and after moving up to a 99 z28, i have to say that the power is excellent! The only problem i have had is a dead battery, but i was running a 2000-watt stereo off the factory battery that was 4 years old.. that is to be expected.

Favorite Features

power, sound

Suggested Improvements

factory sound system could use a little work.. and the leather needs to be higher quality. thats about all..

Red Racer - You're Great!!
By Sqqzieq

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is the fastest, most throttle responsive car I have ever driven. The styling is great and even at 4 years old attracts a lot of attention. I haven't had any mechanical problems with the car and only wish that Chevrolet had not decided to discontinue it. I plan to keep the car for a long time to come.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is its performance. Lots of power and can beat just about anything out there. The fact that it LOOKS better than anything out there helps too. I drive this car in all kinds of weather - snow, ice, you name it. It performs great - as long as you use your head!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of is, if they were still making the car, the power windows would need to work better. In fact, during cold weather they are almost impossible to raise and lower until the car heats up.

Excellent vehicle
By G Scott

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Outstanding reliability, excellent performance, "interesting" interior design makes this a unique experience. I drive this car everywhere, in all conditions, and the car has performed extremely well. I have had no problems with this car. Change the oil, check the coolant, and you're pretty much set. The interior is this car's weakest link. Half of it can be taken apart simply by pulling on the plastic panels.

Favorite Features

LS1 first and foremost is the best feature. Excellent highway fuel economy, even when driven hard. Handling is also outstanding, especially considering the bulk of the car.

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of pointless to suggest improvements on a dead platform. For the next generation, an engine in a position to be worked on more easily would be a plus. And while they are at it, eliminate the hump. Improved shifter for the 6-speed would also be welcome.

Z-28 Power
By Forrest 2

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I won't lie, I bought this car for the mighty LS-1 engine. I have driven quite irresponsibly in this car, and it's taken all I have to throw at it and never skipped a beat. I've raced and beaten M3's, Mustangs, V6 F-bodies, and any number of modified Japanese imports. And this car is AUTOMATIC. Frighteningly fast, and comfortable interior, spells a steal of a deal at the $12,800 that I got it for.

Favorite Features

The engine, the leather interior, power everything, the engine, the stock wheels that were on it, the color, the engine, and..oh yeah, THE ENGINE.

Suggested Improvements

You might want to consider changing out the stock speakers for something that handles high range a bit better.

Z28 Guy
By Quicksilver

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

At 5000+ feet above sea level completely stock Z28, my first G-Tech scored 5.42 seconds 0-60. This car is tough. The best styling is the rear quarters and tail pipe design. I grew to dislike the front head lights-- reminiscent of the new dodge sedans. This was the ultimate entry level sports car.

Favorite Features

The fancy stock stereo was incredibly powerfull and full of quality.

Suggested Improvements

Head lights, chrome tips, and everything that you get with the SS (see my review on my '01 SS)

So far so "good enough"
By ls1mn6

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Corvette performance with a cavaliers quality. a/c went out at 37K miles, thanks GM, power windows roll up and down like molasses. motors replaced twice. ttops are starting to leak. radio speakers blew. handles like a dream, fast as hell. brakes stop on a dime. i love this car lol

Great Car All Over
By dumbcreep

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new in 1998, Since then, I have taken good care of it and it has taken care of me, the only thing that happened so far is the battery died.

Favorite Features

The Power!!

Suggested Improvements

A cat-back exhaust system, let people hear you coming!

fast n furious z28
By jamyz

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

with slite modifications this car is fast as hell.its sounds like an old muscle car and its fast.I recomend the borla cat back exhaust, along with changing the air induction!i also reccomend getting the extended warranty! its been a great car but i have had it in the shop more then i would like.bad water pump,rear bearings,leaking out of the differential.great car but expensive repairs if not warrantied!

Favorite Features

fast,loud and sleak,horsepower a bonus

Suggested Improvements

bring the camaro back