Used 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Love my Car!
By Brittany Gray

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I absolutely 110% love every bit of my car! I bought it 2 years ago and it was pretty much completely stock and I haven't had any problems with it. I think it is the most beautiful car and they did amazing on this specific year range!

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior looks, I love the stock chrome wheels, and I love the way it rides and handles.

fast and fun to drive
By superss99

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I also own a 1994z28 great cars with awesome power numbers for both motors lt1 & ls1 don't let the mustang hype fool you. Any of these motors in stock form will rock a stock 4.6 3v or stock 4.62v. I also had a 2005 gt ls1 and lt1 still beat it. Ford has to use a super charger all in all I would stick with a camaro for performance and ride

Problematic
By JONJON

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

Has gone through two manual transmissions, radiator replaced, rear end bearings went out, druveshaft couplings relaced, PCM replaced(water damage, bad design under window sill where water runs right onto it). Seats stink, absolutely the worst design for neck support. Rear seat is worthless. Very noisy car. I wear ear plugs its so loud. Driving lights are useless. Positive side, fast and handles well. Very bad car to drive in winter, no traction control on mine at least. Recommend a second car, this being only used for summer or dry conditions.

Favorite Features

Engine, speed, acceleration, exhaust, handling

Suggested Improvements

Seats, interior noise, bump, rear seats, t tops, quality of transmission.

Fun, Small, Defects
By Tomcat2010

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This is my first car. I'm 16 and I love this car. Good things are the get up and go it has despite it being a V6. It is comfortable too. I've only had it two weeks but the guy I got it from had it since '99 and has never replaced the AC, which works great. It does creak if I turn the wheel all the way one direction and start moving. The worst part is the K-mart cheap plastic on the inside. Some pieces were already broken when I got it. For a 9 year old car with 113,000 miles it, it is in great condition and works great. I love it.

Favorite Features

Fun of driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Impovement of the interior livability.

Awewsome Ride!
By 15

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Bought my V-6 Camaro used with 78000 miles on it and now have almost 100000 on it, and it still looks and drives immaculatte for as much use as it gets. I have not had a problem with this car since I bought it, and this is by far one of the funnest cars to drive. 5 speed manual is a plus, and the clutch and tranny are very well made. The engine also puts out a decent amount of power for a 6 cyl. I love this car inside and out. The handling, braking, power, and looks of this car give it a 10 out of 10 in my eyes. I just wish gas prices and insurance wearnt so expensive so I could afford the SS!

Favorite Features

Surprising amount of torque for a V-6, nice clutch, aggressive look and style.

Suggested Improvements

More driver side seat room would be nice for bigger drivers