Used 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Excellent value, excellent fun
By z28camaro_1979

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

This car is arguably the best value out there for a blazingly quick, front engine/rear wheel drive set up, no strings attached. The Corvette 5.7 liter engine has been toned down a notch and dropped into the Camaros and Firebirds for years, but last year GM moved away from the LT1 and switched to the more powerful LS1 engine. The car I drove was equipped with factory T-tops, which were very easily removed and stored and looked fantastic. The car is available with the standard 4-speed automatic, but I would recommend the optional 6-speed manual. This is truly a fantastic value for money, combining awesome power with a great body style. This car will turn the head of any gearhead or car fan.

I love the T-tops, the engine, the transmission, the roomy interior, the exterior styling, the final drive, the power, and the handling.

Some may say that it mimics the Chrysler Sebring, but the similarities end there. The interior is nothing special, but it is surprisingly comfortable and roomy for a coupe. The back seat of a muscle car was never really designed for human transportation… and this car is no exception. However, there is an ample 33 cubic feet of storage in the trunk to make up for it. The manual gets a few more EPA estimated miles per gallon than the automatic, you can get up to 28 on the highway but don’t expect more than 17 in the city.

Love my Car!
By Brittany Gray

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I absolutely 110% love every bit of my car! I bought it 2 years ago and it was pretty much completely stock and I haven't had any problems with it. I think it is the most beautiful car and they did amazing on this specific year range!

Interior and exterior looks, I love the stock chrome wheels, and I love the way it rides and handles.

fast and fun to drive
By superss99

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I also own a 1994z28 great cars with awesome power numbers for both motors lt1 & ls1 don't let the mustang hype fool you. Any of these motors in stock form will rock a stock 4.6 3v or stock 4.62v. I also had a 2005 gt ls1 and lt1 still beat it. Ford has to use a super charger all in all I would stick with a camaro for performance and ride

Problematic
By JONJON

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

Has gone through two manual transmissions, radiator replaced, rear end bearings went out, druveshaft couplings relaced, PCM replaced(water damage, bad design under window sill where water runs right onto it). Seats stink, absolutely the worst design for neck support. Rear seat is worthless. Very noisy car. I wear ear plugs its so loud. Driving lights are useless. Positive side, fast and handles well. Very bad car to drive in winter, no traction control on mine at least. Recommend a second car, this being only used for summer or dry conditions.

Engine, speed, acceleration, exhaust, handling

Seats, interior noise, bump, rear seats, t tops, quality of transmission.

awsome car
By mikel2069

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

fast car. easy to make faster.

speed