1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Great car
By LD on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Great town show off car and runs & drives wonderful on open road. Acceleration at any speed is great stooping very good with the all wheel disk brakes. Have smoked many mustang half its age. Get many remarks about its style and black body with the full factory dress up body features spoilers etc. Full factory stock car. Currently has 34k miles. A well cared for cherry car. Steering hi speed curves super control. Working at Iowa s largest track "Iowa speed way" I understand car control pretty well.

My Camaro
By Iv_z28 on 05/29/07 23:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is all about performance, so I guess it is not for everybody. I didn't think I would keep it for 8 years, but here comes 2007 and I have no plans to sell. With minor mods it is still faster than 95% of street cars, it has nice fuel economy [especially for 350hp V8, at 28 highway mph only the lighter Vette can touch that], it is pretty reliable (for me the only major item over 8 years was ignition sensor, $400), and being hatchback it is also suprisingly practical and roomy and carried a lot of stuff for me, from Christmas trees to chairs. Ah, and don't forget why people buy it - LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS6/LS7 is the best engine and found its way into everything from Mazda's to Porsche.

1999 Camaro
By camarokid1999 on 08/18/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Camaro for about 2 and half years now and I have loved the car. The power is great and the top speeds are insane. The car has 84000 miles on her and she has had the transmission replace and the rear inner bearings. Other than that the car has been great. The stock air intake on the car dampers the performance, but can be easily and cheaply replaced. The car is amazing stock, but it's crazy with some mods. Pacesetting makes a great set of headers for the car that will give it a great sound out the rear end and boost up its hp, but it kinda takes away from the low end torque. Also would recommend getting wider tires for the rear end if any performance mods are done.

99 Z28 Camaro
By Matt on 02/15/06 12:23 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Like the car, so do my peers. It's fast, fun, reliable, and the most powerful you can buy for the money.

good
By Candi on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

A Really Nice Car! The Best Car I have Ever Owned.

1999 Z28 by adult driver
By kjbuster on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Fast, fun to drive, great trip mileage -28 mpg, lots of tire noise inside cab, poor overall quality( two broken sun visors, original battery installation faulty,failed window motor,failed clutch master cylinder, two trips to shop for A/C problems. Too many repairs for a low mileage and carefully driven car.

A Dream Come True
By S.Hall on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This vehicle has been the car of my dreams since 1998, when I first saw a 98 Camaro SS. While this isn't the SS, it's easy to make it look and act like one. The styling of this car is controversial, you either love it or hate it. The front end looks stolen from the Chrysler Concorde to many, and share a distinct similarity... but that's where any comparison ends. This car is FAST, STRONG, and the very picture of AMERICAN MUSCLE!

Good while it lasted.
By Dave GG on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Great car, but transmission problems after 30K miles. Once the warranty ran out, Chevy abandoned me, wouldn't stand behind their work and raked in the repair bucks.

My Dream Car
By sdream696 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Camaro's have always been a favorite of mine, and my car has only reinforced this attitude. My friends and family know that my car is a part of Chevrolet, American history. Never before or since could you get this sort of bang for the buck! I paid $24K in Sept. of 1998, and have absolutley NO COMPLAINTS. No problems, excellent performance, and great quality. Five summers of fun, fun, fun... GM did their homework on these cars... I will keep my car so that my kids will someday know what a 'musclecar' really is. Oh yeah, it eats V-8 Mustang Cobra's for lunch. :-)

wish you were here
By Z28Rick71 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drice, especially if you crave American muscle-car performace. V8 Power, a loud exhaust, and that classic jet fighter look, although later editions of this rear-drive torque-monster have a face like the Concorde, and we are not talking about the supersonic jet here either. On long trips the harsness of the Z28 experience can get on your nerves but the gas mileage will be surprisingly good. I have gotten 26 MPG in this car! driven strictly around town expect a mere 16. especially if you have a haeavy foot.