1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Great car
By LD on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Great town show off car and runs & drives wonderful on open road. Acceleration at any speed is great stooping very good with the all wheel disk brakes. Have smoked many mustang half its age. Get many remarks about its style and black body with the full factory dress up body features spoilers etc. Full factory stock car. Currently has 34k miles. A well cared for cherry car. Steering hi speed curves super control. Working at Iowa s largest track "Iowa speed way" I understand car control pretty well.

Hate and love my car
By Countrygirl1988 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my camaro in 2008 with 97,000 miles on it, I have put 117,000 on it in 2 yrs, in the 2 yrs of owning it I have replaced the rear end and the clutch, a/c refill, transmission lost 5th gear and it was the c clip fell off, and it blew a head gasket also had a lifter making noise, I paid $8,000 for it and have 12 in and it's broken down every summer the only time of the year I love to drive it the things I love about my car is the t-tops so easy to take off and throw in the trunk, looks, lot of get up n go, great handling, comfortable, I tell myself I am going to sell it after I fix it every time something goes wrong but then I drive it and I don't want to get rid of it, I love driving it too much

I am disgusted by this vehicle.
By shm86 on 05/24/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

The camaro is fun to drive, when it's not stalled beside the road. Since I got the car in 2003 I've had to replace the 02 sensor, temperature sensor, thermostat, alternator, timing belt, belt tensioner, catalytic converter, both window motors, battery, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and two 2 coils. Both visors have fallen out, roof is not sealed (I get wet when it rains) and water gets in the trunk. The CD player doesn't work anymore, all the speakers have failed, and the car stalls frequently and no one can figure out why. The car is so loud I can barely hear the radio. Oh, and my AC and Heat quit working too. I'm completely disgusted. But at least the car looks good.

Fun, Small, Defects
By Tomcat2010 on 09/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is my first car. I'm 16 and I love this car. Good things are the get up and go it has despite it being a V6. It is comfortable too. I've only had it two weeks but the guy I got it from had it since '99 and has never replaced the AC, which works great. It does creak if I turn the wheel all the way one direction and start moving. The worst part is the K-mart cheap plastic on the inside. Some pieces were already broken when I got it. For a 9 year old car with 113,000 miles it, it is in great condition and works great. I love it.

Awewsome Ride!
By 15 on 07/21/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought my V-6 Camaro used with 78000 miles on it and now have almost 100000 on it, and it still looks and drives immaculatte for as much use as it gets. I have not had a problem with this car since I bought it, and this is by far one of the funnest cars to drive. 5 speed manual is a plus, and the clutch and tranny are very well made. The engine also puts out a decent amount of power for a 6 cyl. I love this car inside and out. The handling, braking, power, and looks of this car give it a 10 out of 10 in my eyes. I just wish gas prices and insurance wearnt so expensive so I could afford the SS!

My Camaro
By Iv_z28 on 05/29/07 23:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is all about performance, so I guess it is not for everybody. I didn't think I would keep it for 8 years, but here comes 2007 and I have no plans to sell. With minor mods it is still faster than 95% of street cars, it has nice fuel economy [especially for 350hp V8, at 28 highway mph only the lighter Vette can touch that], it is pretty reliable (for me the only major item over 8 years was ignition sensor, $400), and being hatchback it is also suprisingly practical and roomy and carried a lot of stuff for me, from Christmas trees to chairs. Ah, and don't forget why people buy it - LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS6/LS7 is the best engine and found its way into everything from Mazda's to Porsche.

1999 Camaro
By camarokid1999 on 08/18/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Camaro for about 2 and half years now and I have loved the car. The power is great and the top speeds are insane. The car has 84000 miles on her and she has had the transmission replace and the rear inner bearings. Other than that the car has been great. The stock air intake on the car dampers the performance, but can be easily and cheaply replaced. The car is amazing stock, but it's crazy with some mods. Pacesetting makes a great set of headers for the car that will give it a great sound out the rear end and boost up its hp, but it kinda takes away from the low end torque. Also would recommend getting wider tires for the rear end if any performance mods are done.

Poor Decision
By Peter on 06/06/06 21:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for a year and a half and commuting. I was very excited when I got it, but then, not so much. I have replaced the spark plugs (3 times and impossible to get at), ignition wires (twice), all three ignition coils, ignition module, drive shaft (have to buy a new 2 piece to replace center bearing, GM doesn't sell the bearing $625, or convert to single piece $180), tires (twice, my fault though), both window motors, clutch, fuel filter, a T-top, catalytic converter, A/C compressor, alternator, battery, rebuilt the transmission. This is insane. I hate this car. I spend more time and money trying to fix it than I do driving.

99 Z28 Camaro
By Matt on 02/15/06 12:23 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Like the car, so do my peers. It's fast, fun, reliable, and the most powerful you can buy for the money.

Great Car But It Has A Long Way To Go
By Detour2525 on 04/19/05 22:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is a fun car to drive and the V-6 has a lot of power. But thats where the fun ends. In the 3 years I owned the car, I realized there is always something to fix on this car. First off, the GM build quality is horrible. The car is a pain to work on, nothing lines up. The front fenders are totally uneven with the doors and the car has never been in an accident.The glue on the seals in the trunk came undone and had numerous puddles under the rear seats.The driver seat creaks and moves a little while driving.2 pieces fell off from under the car and I do not know where they came from. Watch the weather reports b/c snow will make u stay put,dont even try to drive in the snow,waste of time.