1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Hate and love my car
By Countrygirl1988 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I bought my camaro in 2008 with 97,000 miles on it, I have put 117,000 on it in 2 yrs, in the 2 yrs of owning it I have replaced the rear end and the clutch, a/c refill, transmission lost 5th gear and it was the c clip fell off, and it blew a head gasket also had a lifter making noise, I paid $8,000 for it and have 12 in and it's broken down every summer the only time of the year I love to drive it the things I love about my car is the t-tops so easy to take off and throw in the trunk, looks, lot of get up n go, great handling, comfortable, I tell myself I am going to sell it after I fix it every time something goes wrong but then I drive it and I don't want to get rid of it, I love driving it too much

I am disgusted by this vehicle.
By shm86 on 05/24/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

The camaro is fun to drive, when it's not stalled beside the road. Since I got the car in 2003 I've had to replace the 02 sensor, temperature sensor, thermostat, alternator, timing belt, belt tensioner, catalytic converter, both window motors, battery, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and two 2 coils. Both visors have fallen out, roof is not sealed (I get wet when it rains) and water gets in the trunk. The CD player doesn't work anymore, all the speakers have failed, and the car stalls frequently and no one can figure out why. The car is so loud I can barely hear the radio. Oh, and my AC and Heat quit working too. I'm completely disgusted. But at least the car looks good.

Fun, Small, Defects
By Tomcat2010 on 09/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This is my first car. I'm 16 and I love this car. Good things are the get up and go it has despite it being a V6. It is comfortable too. I've only had it two weeks but the guy I got it from had it since '99 and has never replaced the AC, which works great. It does creak if I turn the wheel all the way one direction and start moving. The worst part is the K-mart cheap plastic on the inside. Some pieces were already broken when I got it. For a 9 year old car with 113,000 miles it, it is in great condition and works great. I love it.

Awewsome Ride!
By 15 on 07/21/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Bought my V-6 Camaro used with 78000 miles on it and now have almost 100000 on it, and it still looks and drives immaculatte for as much use as it gets. I have not had a problem with this car since I bought it, and this is by far one of the funnest cars to drive. 5 speed manual is a plus, and the clutch and tranny are very well made. The engine also puts out a decent amount of power for a 6 cyl. I love this car inside and out. The handling, braking, power, and looks of this car give it a 10 out of 10 in my eyes. I just wish gas prices and insurance wearnt so expensive so I could afford the SS!

Poor Decision
By Peter on 06/06/06 21:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for a year and a half and commuting. I was very excited when I got it, but then, not so much. I have replaced the spark plugs (3 times and impossible to get at), ignition wires (twice), all three ignition coils, ignition module, drive shaft (have to buy a new 2 piece to replace center bearing, GM doesn't sell the bearing $625, or convert to single piece $180), tires (twice, my fault though), both window motors, clutch, fuel filter, a T-top, catalytic converter, A/C compressor, alternator, battery, rebuilt the transmission. This is insane. I hate this car. I spend more time and money trying to fix it than I do driving.

Great Car But It Has A Long Way To Go
By Detour2525 on 04/19/05 22:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This car is a fun car to drive and the V-6 has a lot of power. But thats where the fun ends. In the 3 years I owned the car, I realized there is always something to fix on this car. First off, the GM build quality is horrible. The car is a pain to work on, nothing lines up. The front fenders are totally uneven with the doors and the car has never been in an accident.The glue on the seals in the trunk came undone and had numerous puddles under the rear seats.The driver seat creaks and moves a little while driving.2 pieces fell off from under the car and I do not know where they came from. Watch the weather reports b/c snow will make u stay put,dont even try to drive in the snow,waste of time.

Fun car, but terrible reliability.
By F-Body Luver on 01/19/05 12:50 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car and it looks great, so if you like that for a cheap price this is all you need. But you better have a couple grand on hand for repair costs. AC compressor, fuel pump (TWICE), gaskets, transmission service, brakes, etc. have all failed early, by 60,000 miles. Be ready for headaches to offset the driving experience.

Bang for your buck and then some!
By TrompetenGott on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drive, and it looks great. Insurence likes the V6, and it's got more than enough oomph to get arround. Cruise controll keeps me out of trouble with the cops because 65 MPH and 85 feel and sound the same in this car. Handles well in corners - you can terrify unsuspecting passengers... The monsoon stereo is a big plus.

Total Blast for under $15000!!!!!!!
By Dmonte3 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

What a blast to drive! Pop out the T- tops, crank up the tunes, and find the road with the most curves! People often disrespect the V-6 Camaro, favoring the V-8. Those are the ones who have never driven one! Granted, it's not a 305 horse monster like the Z-28, but the lighter V-6 placed nearly under the dashboard helps for much better weight disribution and go-cart like handling. The car has enough power to be fun, yet is quite controllable and predictable. It isn't a Z-28 but then again, it has nothing to prove....only to impress!

Camaro
By Keith S. on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

You will try to find a reason to go for a drive if you own own one of these. A blast to drive!