Used 1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Great car
By LD

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Great town show off car and runs & drives wonderful on open road. Acceleration at any speed is great stooping very good with the all wheel disk brakes. Have smoked many mustang half its age. Get many remarks about its style and black body with the full factory dress up body features spoilers etc. Full factory stock car. Currently has 34k miles. A well cared for cherry car. Steering hi speed curves super control. Working at Iowa s largest track "Iowa speed way" I understand car control pretty well.

Favorite Features

The atomatic shift control located perfect. The on/off rear end slip control is a good thing.A little hard in town but good at higher speeds.Good feel of road. Steering set up works great. Top fits tightly with little or no wind noise or leakage when up when up.

Suggested Improvements

Considering its a 1999 car. Its near perfect I believe. It has a governed speed of 158 mph but that's ok sense I do not race it. I'm told by pro drivers that feature can be tuned out if I want a great fun car and good road car as well.

My Camaro
By Iv_z28

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is all about performance, so I guess it is not for everybody. I didn't think I would keep it for 8 years, but here comes 2007 and I have no plans to sell. With minor mods it is still faster than 95% of street cars, it has nice fuel economy [especially for 350hp V8, at 28 highway mph only the lighter Vette can touch that], it is pretty reliable (for me the only major item over 8 years was ignition sensor, $400), and being hatchback it is also suprisingly practical and roomy and carried a lot of stuff for me, from Christmas trees to chairs. Ah, and don't forget why people buy it - LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS6/LS7 is the best engine and found its way into everything from Mazda's to Porsche.

1999 Camaro
By camarokid1999

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Camaro for about 2 and half years now and I have loved the car. The power is great and the top speeds are insane. The car has 84000 miles on her and she has had the transmission replace and the rear inner bearings. Other than that the car has been great. The stock air intake on the car dampers the performance, but can be easily and cheaply replaced. The car is amazing stock, but it's crazy with some mods. Pacesetting makes a great set of headers for the car that will give it a great sound out the rear end and boost up its hp, but it kinda takes away from the low end torque. Also would recommend getting wider tires for the rear end if any performance mods are done.

Favorite Features

Ability to modify if needed, you can get power programers, rear end, exhaust and turbo kits for the car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the stereo would be better. I replaced the stock unit with a Sony CD player and placed two 10's in the side of the rear end where the spare tire should be and it sounds great. I would also have different rear end ratio to choose from. I installed a 3.73 and the car does 0-60 in about 4.4 secs

99 Z28 Camaro
By Matt

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Like the car, so do my peers. It's fast, fun, reliable, and the most powerful you can buy for the money.

Favorite Features

LS1, it's fast

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust, lip on roof so rain doesn't come in windows easily

good
By Candi

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

A Really Nice Car! The Best Car I have Ever Owned.

Favorite Features

Leather sets, and Black top with Orange bottom.

Suggested Improvements

Could use wilder paint job!