1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
This is not your father's Oldsmobile.
By JohnnyD on 06/01/10 22:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Ok kids. You probably don't even know what the review title means, sigh. Look it up. I bought mine new, 4/24/99. Only serious problem - annoying rear end noise, but I'll get that fixed someday. New Katskin Black (real black, not some misnamed gray) leather, new top, just had a repaint, incredible. Bought 99 'cause dealer said no more would be built. Wrong - three more years! However, I've had it for over 11 yrs and it can't be bought. Like my wife and kids, not perfect, but wouldn't trade for anything. Car has many imperfections, but like I said I wouldn't trade it for anything. Defines Bang for the Buck! Great performance, terrible comfort for an old guy, but I'll own it.

Great Muscle Car
By jsabowabo on 03/02/06 09:59 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

The Camaro SS Conv. is a great muscle car. It's got the fabled LS1 and a T56 6-speed and makes a honest 350hp stock. These cars are fast and will easily smoke nearly any car on the road. The LS1 is an absolute gem of a motor, the only better one might be the supercharged 4.6L DOHC motor in the 03-04 cobra. Things you should know though, the interior is shoddy, and there is only room for short people in the back. It does get good mileage for what it is, expect 19-20 avg in mixed driving. It does have a long overhang and it feels like a big car. A Mustang GT feels smaller.