1999 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Excellent value, excellent fun
By z28camaro_1979 on 12/16/11 09:11 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

This car is arguably the best value out there for a blazingly quick, front engine/rear wheel drive set up, no strings attached. The Corvette 5.7 liter engine has been toned down a notch and dropped into the Camaros and Firebirds for years, but last year GM moved away from the LT1 and switched to the more powerful LS1 engine. The car I drove was equipped with factory T-tops, which were very easily removed and stored and looked fantastic. The car is available with the standard 4-speed automatic, but I would recommend the optional 6-speed manual. This is truly a fantastic value for money, combining awesome power with a great body style. This car will turn the head of any gearhead or car fan.

Great car
By LD on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Great town show off car and runs & drives wonderful on open road. Acceleration at any speed is great stooping very good with the all wheel disk brakes. Have smoked many mustang half its age. Get many remarks about its style and black body with the full factory dress up body features spoilers etc. Full factory stock car. Currently has 34k miles. A well cared for cherry car. Steering hi speed curves super control. Working at Iowa s largest track "Iowa speed way" I understand car control pretty well.

Hate and love my car
By Countrygirl1988 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

I bought my camaro in 2008 with 97,000 miles on it, I have put 117,000 on it in 2 yrs, in the 2 yrs of owning it I have replaced the rear end and the clutch, a/c refill, transmission lost 5th gear and it was the c clip fell off, and it blew a head gasket also had a lifter making noise, I paid $8,000 for it and have 12 in and it's broken down every summer the only time of the year I love to drive it the things I love about my car is the t-tops so easy to take off and throw in the trunk, looks, lot of get up n go, great handling, comfortable, I tell myself I am going to sell it after I fix it every time something goes wrong but then I drive it and I don't want to get rid of it, I love driving it too much

This is not your father's Oldsmobile.
By JohnnyD on 06/01/10 22:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Convertible

Ok kids. You probably don't even know what the review title means, sigh. Look it up. I bought mine new, 4/24/99. Only serious problem - annoying rear end noise, but I'll get that fixed someday. New Katskin Black (real black, not some misnamed gray) leather, new top, just had a repaint, incredible. Bought 99 'cause dealer said no more would be built. Wrong - three more years! However, I've had it for over 11 yrs and it can't be bought. Like my wife and kids, not perfect, but wouldn't trade for anything. Car has many imperfections, but like I said I wouldn't trade it for anything. Defines Bang for the Buck! Great performance, terrible comfort for an old guy, but I'll own it.

I am disgusted by this vehicle.
By shm86 on 05/24/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

The camaro is fun to drive, when it's not stalled beside the road. Since I got the car in 2003 I've had to replace the 02 sensor, temperature sensor, thermostat, alternator, timing belt, belt tensioner, catalytic converter, both window motors, battery, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and two 2 coils. Both visors have fallen out, roof is not sealed (I get wet when it rains) and water gets in the trunk. The CD player doesn't work anymore, all the speakers have failed, and the car stalls frequently and no one can figure out why. The car is so loud I can barely hear the radio. Oh, and my AC and Heat quit working too. I'm completely disgusted. But at least the car looks good.

Love my Car!
By Brittany Gray on 02/01/10 10:19 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I absolutely 110% love every bit of my car! I bought it 2 years ago and it was pretty much completely stock and I haven't had any problems with it. I think it is the most beautiful car and they did amazing on this specific year range!

fast and fun to drive
By superss99 on 05/08/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I also own a 1994z28 great cars with awesome power numbers for both motors lt1 & ls1 don't let the mustang hype fool you. Any of these motors in stock form will rock a stock 4.6 3v or stock 4.62v. I also had a 2005 gt ls1 and lt1 still beat it. Ford has to use a super charger all in all I would stick with a camaro for performance and ride

Problematic
By JONJON on 01/12/09 00:21 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

Has gone through two manual transmissions, radiator replaced, rear end bearings went out, druveshaft couplings relaced, PCM replaced(water damage, bad design under window sill where water runs right onto it). Seats stink, absolutely the worst design for neck support. Rear seat is worthless. Very noisy car. I wear ear plugs its so loud. Driving lights are useless. Positive side, fast and handles well. Very bad car to drive in winter, no traction control on mine at least. Recommend a second car, this being only used for summer or dry conditions.

Fun, Small, Defects
By Tomcat2010 on 09/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This is my first car. I'm 16 and I love this car. Good things are the get up and go it has despite it being a V6. It is comfortable too. I've only had it two weeks but the guy I got it from had it since '99 and has never replaced the AC, which works great. It does creak if I turn the wheel all the way one direction and start moving. The worst part is the K-mart cheap plastic on the inside. Some pieces were already broken when I got it. For a 9 year old car with 113,000 miles it, it is in great condition and works great. I love it.

Awewsome Ride!
By 15 on 07/21/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Bought my V-6 Camaro used with 78000 miles on it and now have almost 100000 on it, and it still looks and drives immaculatte for as much use as it gets. I have not had a problem with this car since I bought it, and this is by far one of the funnest cars to drive. 5 speed manual is a plus, and the clutch and tranny are very well made. The engine also puts out a decent amount of power for a 6 cyl. I love this car inside and out. The handling, braking, power, and looks of this car give it a 10 out of 10 in my eyes. I just wish gas prices and insurance wearnt so expensive so I could afford the SS!

1 2 3 4 5 next »