1998 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: The Last American Sports Car

1998 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

The Last American Sports Car
By C. LaBianco on

1998 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Amid a host Italian and New Jersey jokes I bought by 98 camaro as a step up from my 93 Eagle Talon. 106,00 miles and 4 1/2 years later and I can only sing the praises of this vehicle. The styling is fantastic and GM did it without a bunch of plastic glued to the doors. The v6 200 horse engine has more power than most cars on the road today - and while it won't compare off the line to it's bigger engined brothers the Z28 and SS it can easily handle speeds of 80 and higher on the highway and still get 30+ miles to the gallon. This car hugs corners like nothing I've ever driven. I opted for the v6 200 horse only because of insurance costs.

The car is a big arrogant American muscle car that can fit any lifestyle. Fold down rear seat, t-tops, nice sterio, big engine, chrome wheels - The car rocks, a real head turner, I challenge any body to find a better sports car value.

I blew a power window motor and wore a hole a floor mat - but other than that no problems.