Reliable, Fun, & Affordable Sports Car!
By Jozzy on
1998 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe
I wanted an affordable, fun sports car for the summer and I got all of that and more. I love driving my Camaro and the T-Tops are a unique feature that adds to the style. Although I have 180,000 miles on the car, it still runs great. The body is in mint condition and has held up better than any other '98 vehicle on the road today. I chose the base due to the great reputation of the 3.8L V6 engine. It is still responsive, good fuel economy, and a champion of an engine. If you don't know, Ward's Autoworld (and other reliable sources) rate GM's 3.8L V6 as one of the best engines ever built. No doubt, a good car for the money and everyone stares when I drive by.
Favorite Features
The 3.8L V6 engine, exterior styling, and the unique T-Tops. Also, I had purchased a set of 18" American Racing chrome wheels this summer and this car looks AMAZING. I got many compliments. TIP: 18" wheels are as big as you should go with this car. Anything larger doesn't look right.
Suggested Improvements
Be prepared to have your T-Tops leak in a car wash. Mine are not too bad, so I will hold a small hand towel to catch water in the two spots that I know it comes through at. The passenger seat, I hear, is not too comfortable. A small odd hump near the passengers leg space can be a bother to some.