1998 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: My Green Monster

Z28 Coupe (5.7L V8)

My Green Monster
By EE Geek on

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Bought it new after lots of research. Wow! what a car! Gobs of horses - much more than GM specs. Excellent fuel economy - 30 mpg @ 80-85 mph (18 city). Great handling, yet doesn't wear tires very fast (40K miles per set of Z-rated). Cheap to maintain and absolutely no quality problems. Seats are the most comfortable of any car I've driven - 16 hour trip will not cause neck or back pain. Lots of features for my $22,300: ABS, Monsoon CD, cruise, fog lights, AC, power everything! Excellent dealer support. Mystic Teal color is a cop repellant - never had a ticket in 7 years. Great looks that aren't dated. Best engine of all time (LS1). Please bring it back GM!

Favorite Features

Awesome power! Fuel economy, styling, seat comfort, automatic headlights, 6-speed, stereo, matching tire size (allows rotation), dealer support, hi-tech engine, great overall quality, excellent paint quality, smooth braking, weight balance. No-compromise car!

Suggested Improvements

Minor propeller shaft vibration at high speed. It should have marketed more aggressively - might still be in production