1998 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L V8 Consumer Review - Insane performance

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

Insane performance
By Jim on

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I had been looking for one of these cars for about a year, since I was very picky. I have t-tops, 6-speed manual, leather, Monsoon audio... the works. I have done a few mods including a full header back exhaust with a flowmaster cat-back, and a K&N intake as well as a B&M short shifter. I also installed iRotors cross-drilled and slotted rotors with hawk pads. It also has the handling package. This car is a blast to drive, but it can be a tame cruiser if you want... I never want it to be a tame cruiser though. It has tons of go and plenty of whoa thanks to the new brakes. The stock intake and exhaust are very restrictive, so if you modify, go after this first.

Favorite Features

5.7 Liter V8. 305 horses is definately a conservative rating! Ridiculous low end torque and high end power. You can pretty much just leave the car in fourth and do any speed. I love the manual transmission and t-tops. Stock clutch grabs like a little kid in a candy store.

Suggested Improvements

GM's obsession with plastic interiors needs to stop. I would also say that GM should only make the car in a manual transmission, and equip all cars with the push-button ASR.