1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Last GM Muscle
By up2parr on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

This car is a bargain, even when new. The only reason they didn't sell is because GM didn't put any marketing effort into them for the last 4 years. However, what they lacked in marketing was made up by engineering- the LS-1 engine is sweet and efficient, a real sleeper. Handling and braking are awesome. This car is 95% Vette at 1/2 the price. I've had no problems with the car. Even the t-tops don't leak like in older GM models. The only complaint I have is minor- the plastic interior panels scratch easily. All car reviews show no performance improvement with the SS- save your $

The most fun I've had in years
By spifeme on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 1998 Red Camaro, with it's V-8 and T-Tops for about 18 months. But in that time my 2 teenage kids have decided that I am too cool. That for a single parent, made buying this car worthwhile. It's performance is awesome. I have pushed it up to 140 mph and felt safe. It corners great and it looks great. If a person wanted to look and feel good, get one!

98 Camaro Z28
By JoshuaH82 on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

I bought this vehicle pre-owned with 48,000 miles on it. So far my experience has been nothing but fantastic. The car runs like a dream. No problems so far, and no problems in the past to my understanding. The ride is almost comparable to my Buick Reatta as far as comfort. It has plenty of power under the hood, yet it's whisper quiet until you punch it. Some of the interior controls feel cheap, but they are very simple to operate. The t-tops don't leak! The stock stereo is ok, but nothing terribly special Overall I'd say it's a magnificent car for the price. Plenty of power, great ride, tons of fun.

Mustang Stomper!!!
By MUSTANG STOMPER on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

I love my '98' Chevy Camaro!Fun to drive ,handling is a little harsh,but do-able!I like the fact that it can dust just about any Mustang on the road!!!The respect I get from the little six and four cylinders,is un- believable!It's really a shame that Camaros are no longer being produced.Oh,well-at least I got mine!!!

Cant Beat it!
By T MAN on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Z28 2dr Coupe

Well I love my Z28 and i would not consider any other car as far as performance goes for under 45k. The car is a absolute blast to drive. Not expensive to own just to insure, but my god is it worth it. I feel like i can take on anything with this beast. Fast as all Hell!