1998 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro
By z28you on
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible
I bought my 1998 Z28 in 2012, it had 120,000 miles on the clock, first impression was "I like the power!" Had to replace warped rotors/new pads/front wheel bearings/steering knuckle/tie-rods. The prior owner had taken relativity good care of her, average wear and tear for a 15 year old car @ the time. Leather seats are comfortable, even on trips/daily driver. Gas MPG very good for 2014 (considering it's a V8) even 20+ hwy- 17+ city driving. One of the best Camaro Z28's GM Chevrolet has ever produced! IMO. My old Z28 was a -1986 Z28 IROC-Z- 305 T.P.I., this 1998 Z28 350 M.P.F.I would suck the windshield out of my old IROC-Z...very e-Zilly =) Find a maintained one, you'll thank me.
Favorite Features
LS1 with the T56 Manual 6 speed with T-Tops is the only way to go with this car. You feel like a pilot ready to blast off, the car's interior is like a cockpit- some people complain, but I like it-I can reach everything easily, seats are electric (so are the mirrors + door locks+ windows) and adjustable-leather seats are comfortable and support you well. No nav/tv screens but, dual lighter sockets, good cupholders, ashtray in a decent spot and a fully down folding rear seat back keeps this Z pretty and functional to boot! Good cargo space. If you want luxury and accoutrements than this is NOT your car, if you want a sleek, reliable, FAST car that will hold it's own, even today, buy it!
Suggested Improvements
Not too many I can think of besides the "bump" in the front passenger floor. A lot of cheaper plastic parts (easily cracked/breakable interior parts) these could have been made a little stronger/thicker, but I guess it saves weight. Yeah that's about it.