1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
my first car
By hockeystud99 on 10/15/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Well i got my 1998 3.8l camaro for my 16th birthday, and have been driving it hard ever since. While i really wish i had the money to afford the z28 model, or a pontiac trans am, i am extremely happy with the performance of this car. For a v6, this car puts up numbers that you cant argue with. This thing will leave comparable v6 mustangs in the dust, and will AT LEAST keep up with the mustang gts from around this year. While its no ls1, the 3.8 in this camaro pulls very hard, and has great acceleration, and is a thrill to drive every time you are behind the wheel. With performance like this from the base model, i can barely imagine what it would be like to drive a v8 camaro.

Reliable, Fun, & Affordable Sports Car!
By Jozzy on 11/22/09 11:50 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I wanted an affordable, fun sports car for the summer and I got all of that and more. I love driving my Camaro and the T-Tops are a unique feature that adds to the style. Although I have 180,000 miles on the car, it still runs great. The body is in mint condition and has held up better than any other '98 vehicle on the road today. I chose the base due to the great reputation of the 3.8L V6 engine. It is still responsive, good fuel economy, and a champion of an engine. If you don't know, Ward's Autoworld (and other reliable sources) rate GM's 3.8L V6 as one of the best engines ever built. No doubt, a good car for the money and everyone stares when I drive by.

FAST 3800 SERIES V-6
By JESSE on 06/11/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I really enjoy driving this car, I refer to it as a poor mans corvette. I have taken it on long trips with relative comfort. I have had to repair the transmission, and have had trouble with the front suspension squeaking,no grease zerks!! but the V-6 is quick, will keep up with the 350 thru the 1/8 mile, I have done some modifications, a cold air induction system,and some performance chip's and still get 29 highway miles per gallon. alot of bang for the buck.....

Great little car
By victim on 02/05/06 00:07 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have loved Camaros ever since I was little. I own a '69, and a '98 Camaro. Anyways, the Camaro is a great car. I have found it very reliable, and it has a lot of power for the small engine. I have never had any problems with it, and after 93,000 miles, the clutch is still fine. If you like Camaros, I would definitely suggest getting one, even if it is a v6. You won't regret it.

Fun? Of course, its a Camaro
By Baron3800 on 11/26/05 10:20 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Although on the hunt for an LS1 Z28 for my next car, my v6 3800 Camaro has been bullet proof and a very fun car to own. As a long time Camaro enthusiast, of course I modified mine and a new intake and cat-back really wake these v6'ers up. Also the handling is great and showing up even Mustang GT's in corners isnt difficult. And of course, the 3800 series II (10 best engine award winner) has been reliable as the day I bought it. Do not buy import trash and these fake sport compact cars, the v6 Camaro/Firebird is an insurance friendly sports car that has big aftermarket support and will get stares from many.

Camaro is a solid ride
By Howard1958 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

The Chevy Camaro is a great fun car to drive. I get lots of stares from the young kids in the street. It's a small town so everyone knows when I'm driving by, which I enjoy. No major problems to speak of.

Fast and Furious
By Jlay on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive and always wins the take off from any stop light!

You like sports cars? You'll love this.
By Teresa Miller on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love cars very low to the ground & corner well with speed. I live on a gravel road that is not well maintained & the car has held up & is as good as the day I bought it. Mine has the ground effects which makes it very sharp & stylish.

Underrated
By PreZ on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned my Camaro for a four and a half years. I think the car is underrated. The engine is solid and has been reliable for all 117,500 miles. It also gets better mileage than many cars. I've gotten nearly 35 miles to the gallon on interstae trips. It does have the five speed. Sure it has a few quirks, but nothing major. Don't forget, this is a Camaro. For the money it's hard to beat. I still get many complements. Unfortunately I won't be able to get a new one, so I'll be looking for a 2001-2002 Z28 for my next vehicle.

98 Camaro, hard to beat
By glenarch on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have driven my Camaro for 4 years. It has been great fun, reliable and inexpensive to drive. It's a shame that they are no longer in productio- I would buy another one.