1998 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
98SSman
By SSman on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

The vehicle is very enjoyable to especially when you have the T-top model like my self.If they go back to making the camaro I hope Chevy works more on the interior and try to get an engine sold off the lot that runs on regular gas

Black beaSSt
By Black-beaSSt on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I only had the car for 30 days, but the performance is awesome! Handling is much better than stock Z-28. SS's have variable springs, so initial suspension hits are absorbed nicely. The jaring kidney shots are not there unless your driving in Metro Detroit. Worth the extra bucks. For 25k will absolutely destroy mustangs from base GT (19k) to Cobra (32k)!

The Best
By hggirlly on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

Awesome car, kills the Mustang (even the GT) every time!!!

I've been spoiled
By chris b on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new with 11 miles, now I have 63,000. I still love it. The only problem is the cassette player doesnt work (so what). I still get complements on it, Gas mileage is pretty good for a car with this performance. It's just as comfortable on the road as my friends Corolla or my girlfriends Accord. Why this car was discontinued and replaced with the SSR is beyond me. I've been shopping for a new car, but nothing tops my SS, so I keep my money

1998 SS
By BBS III on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

I have had nothing but fun in my SS for the past four years. It has been reliable with only the turning signal lamps needing to be replaced. Maintenance on consumables has been easily performed and the car still looks and handles great. Great job by SLP and GM.

Bang for UR Buck
By SSJason on 03/09/02 00:40 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 2dr Coupe

The performance is great stock, with minor mods, you can be in the mid 12's with a stock engined car, and get 25 mpg to boot on the highway! Reliability has been excellent, with ZERO repairs required. Although I have a manual, adding a cam/head/headers turned this car into a real beast, with a best of 12.2 on street tires at the 1/4 mile. Phenomenal handling is also available on this car to 1G with tires and upgraded suspension components from the factory.